GENERAL SUMMARY: The Senior Content Writer is responsible for writing, developing fundraising, marketing, and PR content in the voice of the ministry and in line with World Concern’s (WC) brand. Coordinate with Creative Services on Content
development for story-driven information from WC’s programs around the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Edit and write all communications and collateral for fundraising, reporting, and donor communications for WC. Includes all stages of content development and copyediting (planning, researching, interviewing, writing, and selecting photos).
- Creatively develop a communications plan and schedule to maintain and improve donor engagement.
- Write press releases and actively build connections with local, national and international media outlets to promote WC’s work to the public.
- Interact with WC information and desk officers to stay up to date on WC’s programs.
- Participating in creative planning meetings for WC campaigns and projects.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates the
values of a CRISTA leader.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Experience: Five years of experience in fundraising communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Software and Equipment Used: MS Office software suite. Able to learn programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and ResourceSpace.
- Other Considerations:
- Experienced, creative writer who possesses knowledge of international community development, as well as an understanding of fundraising communication that inspire and engage people.
- Enthusiastic attitude and desire to serve God.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects and work collaboratively within diverse teams, including international staff for whom English is a second language.
- Willingness to utilize tested and proven marketing and fundraising methods to engage donors.
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb attention to detail.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or related major from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Fundraising/marketing communications
- Travel/work experience in developing countries
- Experience with public relations and/or media relations
Software and Equipment Used: Web editing
Other Considerations: The submission of a writing sample – especially persuasive writing – will be helpful in selecting the best candidate.
To be considered please submit an application via our website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oF2c7fwK&s=Christian_Jobs