ARISE Campus Ministry – Campus Coordinator Position
Campus Coordinator Position Description
The board of United College Ministries in Northern VA (Arise) seeks a Christ- centered, mission-minded team builder to be a presence on the campus of George Mason University. The Campus Coordinator will engage with students and lead ministry activities
on campus. This is a flexible-position and we are seeking someone to work 30 - 40 non-standard hours (12 months, year-round) beginning in the summer of 2018.
Vision Statement ARISE Campus Ministry
The qualified candidate will have to live into our vision statement, which is the following:
As Arise Campus Ministry we believe in Jesus and thus welcome all, share God’s universal love and compassionately live out our faith on campus and in the community.
Essential Character Traits
We are looking for a Christian Leader who is:
• Accountable / Dependable
• Enthusiastic / Optimist
• Committed to Diversity
We are looking for a Spirit-filled disciple who demonstrates skills and/or formation in:
• Team Building/Developing
• Spiritual Guidance
• Leadership Development
• Teaching and Disciple others
• Relationship Building
• Ecumenical mindset
Essential Education, Experience and Expectations
• Completed Undergraduate degree
• Experience with young adults and campus ministry.
• Develop and execute strategies that invite students into discipleship, mission and worship.
• Establish relationships with GMU students, staff, faculty as a religious worker on campus.
• Plant additional Life-groups on campus and in the community.
• Assist with implementing a fundraising strategy for sustaining ministries.
• Seek opportunities to teach and/or serve in churches around the area.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Ministry Director.
The Campus Coordinator will work in close partnership with the Ministry Director and the Campus Ministry Association. The Campus Coordinator will be expected to work at George Mason’s Fairfax campus with additional outreach to satellite campuses as needed.
The Campus Coordinator will report to the Ministry Director and the executive board.
Salary will depend on number of hours desired, experience and fundraising acumen. We will also offer a competitive benefits package.
If you believe this position might be for you, we encourage you to apply. Please complete the application located at https://form.jotform.com/80094973441157. This form will also ask for your resume and two references. We will perform an introductory interview
of candidates over the phone, or Skype as we receive resumes (within 3 business days). If you have any questions, please also direct those to firstname.lastname@example.org.