SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary equips indigenous leaders from America and the nations of the world by offering an affordable theological education combining academic instruction with practical hands-on ministry with personal mentorship. Our
mission empowers Christian leaders to be instruments of change in their respective communities. SUM is accredited with the Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). All SUM faculty and staff members are committed to Jesus Christ, to SUM's vision, mission,
purpose and values and to affirm the SUM's Statement of Faith, all of which may be found on the SUM's website at www.sum.edu.
Provides operational guidance to the Financial Aid Office and performs the more technically demanding financial aid duties, including oversight of various programs, activities, determining award amounts, and reconciliation of various programs. Works with a
diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the public. The position plans and oversees the financial aid process to assure compliance with all regulations.
Min. Education: M.A. in related field
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Plans, organizes and manages daily operations of the Financial Aid Department.
- Utilizes his/her extensive knowledge of all federal and state regulations dealing with financial aid and stays current with regulation changes.
- Develops, implements, and revises policies, procedures, codes, and regulations to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and college policies related to financial aid and scholarships.
- Oversees Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) processes.
- Coordinates student loan processing between students, federal government, and the institution. Includes completing Title IV refunds and repayments, including U.S. Department of Education and National Student Loan Data System notifications.
- Prepares and updates COA benefits for all Title IV programs.
- Develops, modifies, implements, and maintains the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards for an audit trail. Maintains fund control records in accordance with funding level limitations, complete federal, state and
institutional reports including applications for federal funding and reports the expenditures of funds allocated, such as the FISAP. Coordinates internal reconciliation efforts and reports to reviewing entities, such as auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation
- Certifies benefits for Veterans, Chap 31, Chap 33 and Chap 35.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations.
- Works with Admissions team in developing and implementing an effective financial aid packaging plan for the College.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Financial Aid experience required. Experience as Director or Assistant Director preferred.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking and training skills.
- Displays tact, empathy, and positive regard for others in effective written, oral and non-verbal communication.
- Envisions new work strategies to support and enhance financial aid services that will optimize efficiency and production and reduce cost.
- Demonstrates knowledge of working with a computer as related to the financial aid field as well as ability to use various Microsoft Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of Department of Ed software and reports.
- Works well on a team.
- Determine if you can affirm SUM's Statement of Faith: http://sum.edu/statement-of-faith/?rq=Statement%20of%20faith
- Submit the following required documents on the Application Upload Page at http://sum.edu/application-upload/?rq=Application%20upload
a) Cover letter
b) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
c) Employment Application (DocuSign)
d) Christian Biographical Sketch
e) Ask three people to complete Letter of Recommendation for you (DocuSign)