STORE MANAGER - THRIFT
Under the direct supervision of the Divisional Leader for Thrift Stores, the Store Manager is responsible for leading and managing a retail thrift store ensuring all operations are consistent with Teen Challenge Best Practices and Policies.
- Be a member of a local church
- Be a person of maturity and demonstrate servant leadership.
- Be a positive example “in speech, in love, in faith and purity.” 2 Tim 4:12
- Exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit in daily living.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide customer service by greeting customers, responding to customer inquiries and managing complaints.
- Monitoring of store inventory to maintain appropriate store inventory levels.
- Responsible for placing donation boxes through-out the community as needed to support business needs.
- Supervise, direct, motivate, recruit and mentor thrift store employees.
- Coordinate pricing, merchandising and sale of products; development of store displays
- Accept, process, examine, price, and direct donations to achieve sales goals.
- Perform work activities such as cleaning and organizing shelves, displays and sales of merchandise.
- Track and report the number of donors and the amount of items produced on a daily basis.
- Complete basic accounting and cash handling procedures.
- Comply with all Company safety policies, programs and procedures, attend safety training sessions and safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift minimum of 50 pounds on a repeated basis.
- Able to assemble and move racks and shelves for extended periods of time. Able to carry items up & down stairs, if applicable.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; Ability to work irregular hours
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior)
- Solid knowledge of retail operations.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to assess situations and be able to move into different job roles from accepting and picking up donations, to process and pricing donations, merchandising, selling items, operating cash register, good customer service.
- Knowledge of POS and related reports, basic Microsoft Office skills.