ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - THRIFT
Help manage all Thrift Store operations which directly impact profitability and funding, including marketing, merchandising, donations, employee scheduling and supervision.
- Be a member of a local church
- Be a person of maturity and demonstrate servant leadership.
- Be a positive example “in speech, in love, in faith and purity.” 2 Tim 4:12
- Exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit in daily living.
- Perform work activities needed such as organizing display of merchandise; monitor and maintain consistent pricing standards; complete basic accounting and cash handling procedures
- Oversee operation of store in absence of Store Manager, along with other essential job functions as required.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers, responding to their inquiries and managing complaints.
- Supervise the rotation of inventory on sales floor.
- Track and report donations produced daily.
- Monitor and maintain consistent pricing standards.
- Comply with company safety policies, programs and procedures; conduct and/or attend training sessions and safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year Supervisory experience preferred.
- Able to lift minimum of 50 pounds on a repeated basis
- Able to assemble and move racks and shelves for extended period of time. Able to carry items up & down stairs if applicable
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Solid knowledge of retail operations preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Operating cash register, merchandising and selling items as well as providing good customer service.
- Thrift Store experience is definitely a plus.