Hurricane Maria destroyed Puerto Rico, and the island is still in need of recovery assistance. Help support our ongoing projects by serving as our Church Construction Program Manager in Puerto Rico!
The Church Construction Program Manager is responsible to design, coordinate and manage all aspects of the church reconstruction project in Puerto Rico. This includes creating and drafting technical designs, managing a team of church reconstruction
staff and submitting regular reports on the work being completed. Responsibilities also include assisting with technical aspects of preparing contractual documents and overseeing Samaritan’s Purse contractors assisting with rebuild efforts.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in a relevant field such as Construction Technology, Construction Management or International Development required.
- Construction crew supervisory and/or 3-5 years project management experience required.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage staff, finances and project activities.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs and have strong mathematical and reasoning abilities.
- Be a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Highly motivated; with a desire to work with local communities.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year