Would you like to use your medical, health administration and management experience towards a greater purpose?
At Samaritan’s Purse, we are hiring for the for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide oversight and leadership to all healthcare related activities and outreach at the
ELWA Hospital Center in Monrovia, Liberia.
The CEO will be directly responsible for all matters regarding healthcare related fiscal operations, building projects, international partners, and community outreach. He/she will work in collaboration with the hospital administrator to ensure
all that come into contact with the hospital, clinics, dental office, and community outreach programs will receive holistic care; both spiritual and physical.
Join the team to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people of Liberia. Isaiah 6:8 says “Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” Have a career with impact,
serve with us!
Description of Job duties:
- Direct and support decisions that maximize the sustainability and quality of care at ELWA Hospital, clinics, and dental office.
- Provide fiscal management and oversight, assuring proper use of funds and resources.
- Assure that healthcare related building projects are consistent with the needs and values of ELWA Medical Center.
- Participate in department reviews to support the development and implementation of policies and procedures that ensure accountability in the provision of quality healthcare.
- Participate in staff recruitment, development and retention.
- Fosters an atmosphere of continuous improvement with the goal of sustainability.
- Provide leadership training and share the vision often while developing an environment that supports the vision.
- Promote ELWA’s healthcare ministries and build connection between ELWA and potential donors.
- Encourage collaboration between the ELWA Hospital, clinics, dental office, and community outreach programs and other ELWA Ministries/SIM Liberia ministries.
- Comply and collaborate with the Ministry of Health and the Government of Liberia.
- Participate in developing new medical service opportunities that meet Liberia’s patient care needs.
- Participate in developing reports for the ELWA Executive Director and SIM Country Director as required.
- Review and create if necessary policies that guide all healthcare related functions at ELWA.
- Communicate with the ELWA Executive Director and the SIM Liberia County Director on major decisions impacting the healthcare services at ELWA.
- Ensure financial reporting and procedures are managed well by hospital billing office staff. The Medical Center CEO will be the main signatory to hospital accounts.
- Ensure that ELWA’s healthcare services operate in accordance with its purposes and vision, and in line with the purpose and vision of ELWA Ministries and SIM Liberia.
- Ensure to the extent possible the hospital, clinics, and dental office comply with the laws of Liberia.
- Participate in other activities such as teaching or clinical care without jeopardizing the functions required of the CE.
- Create, train and be ready to implement an emergency response plan for potential future emergencies in Liberia
- Encourages spiritual development of the healthcare staff.
- Ensure programs are in place to ensure patients hear the Gospel when they encounter the medical services at ELWA.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.) from an accredited medical college or Masters in health administration, medical management, public administration or business administration.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide healthcare leadership with five years’ experience in a successful and well-functioning health care facility highly preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in exercising executive authority.
- Knowledge of healthcare organization and structure, outcomes-based quality of care, clinical effectiveness and performance improvement.
- Cross-cultural experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster collaborative partnerships in delivering quality care.
- Holds to the beliefs and faith of SIM and Samaritan’s Purse.
This can be an accompanied position.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Visit our website to complete the application: https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/LBR-Liberia-Monrovia/CEO---ELWA-Medical-Center_8990