Chugiak, Alaska, United States
Date Posted: 03/06/2018
Categories: Assistant Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Contact: Pastor Brad Rud/
Note: ONLY those applicants being considered will be contacted. All applications MUST be via email.
About Us: The Crossing is a young, vibrant church family of about 1,000 attenders located 20 minutes from Alaska's largest city (Anchorage). We are passionate about worship, about prayer, about reaching the lost, and about sharing life together. Our natural
environment is stunning, and Alaska appeals most to those who love the outdoors.
Profile for Staff Pastors:
Members of the The Crossing Pastoral Staff are Biblical Elders, lead holy lives, and have truly embraced the Scriptural truth: “I have been crucified with Christ and now I no longer live but Christ lives in me…” Pastors share in many of the ‘shepherding’
responsibilities of the church, and are expected to men “full of the Spirit and of wisdom.”
I am looking for leaders who are joyful, thankful, high-energy and sold-out for Christ! I am looking for leaders who count it the greatest privilege to lay down one’s life for the sake of the gospel.
The Vision of The Crossing: To be a living, vibrant witness for Christ in our generation.
Acts 2:46-47 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,
47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
The Mission of The Crossing:
To bring the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ to our community and our world.
JOB TITLE: Family Pastor/ Full-Time
Primary Areas of Responsibility
1) All Pastors are expected to schedule and maintain regular times for prayer and study.
2) The Family Pastor will develop short and long-range goals and plans for building his ministry in conjunction with the Senior Pastor. This plan will focus on developing a comprehensive ministry to families, with a core focus on both counseling and teaching.
3) The Family Pastor will develop and present annual budget requests to the Senior Pastor for approval.
4) The Family Pastor will screen and select appropriate Study materials for our ministry to families.
1) The Family Pastor will facilitate/lead a weekly Small Group/ Bible Study.
2) The Family Pastor will provide a short discipling devotion for staff families at our weekly staff meetings.
3) The Family Pastor will teach specific topical studies throughout the year on subjects of interest to families (i.e., marriage, parenting etc.).
1) The Family Pastor will schedule and maintain a vibrant ministry of counseling to families, couples and men (Women’s counseling is handled by female staff). All counseling is expected to be in line with clear Scriptural teaching and ‘resolution-focused.’
1) Share front line leadership in corporate ministry responsibilities (phone calls, counseling, weddings, funerals, hospital visits, etc.).
2) The Family Pastor will attend all regularly scheduled prayer meetings/ services.
2) The Family Pastor will meet weekly with the Sr. Pastor to discuss ministry strengths, weaknesses, goals and process.
3) The Family Pastor will attend all Creative Team meetings.
Ministry Staff Requirements
1) Maintain a solid Christian walk and testimony.
2) Witness to the lost as part of your daily life.
3) Willingly minister under the authority of the Sr. Pastor.
4) Maintain a lifestyle of prayer and personal Bible Study.
5) Willingly give (tithe/offerings) & serve according to Biblical principles.
6) Verbally support and defend ALL ministry staff on ALL occasions.
Praise publicly, confront privately.