Come join our team in Bangladesh to serve as a Ward Medical Doctor in our new field office and clinic in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. This job is a full time, associate position of
2 months duration, with possibility to extend. Position is dependent upon grant funding.
More than 650,000 Rohingya people have fled from Myanmar into Bangladesh since last August. Diphtheria, a potentially deadly infection, has spread rapidly throughout crowded refugee camps. It’s the largest outbreak of this disease in decades. Samaritan’s
Purse is serving in the largest refugee camps in the world-to provide quality care in Jesus’ Name to suffering people.
The Ward Medical Doctor is responsible for assisting the Medical Director with all activities/programs involving medical care of patients. In addition to patient care, the Ward Medical Doctor will provide supervision for expat and national medical
staff and may be required to conduct on-the-job or classroom trainings.
Description of Job duties:
- Work with other doctors and nurses to provide overall care to patients.
- Responsible for daily ward rounds; as frequent as the patients’ conditions demand.
- Liaise with local Ministry of Health, UNHCR and other representatives on local, state, and national level to support SP’s programmatic interests and activities.
- Offer hands-on, clinical instruction to nurses during ward rounds.
- Must be available to assist the nurses with difficult procedures.
- Available for calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Medical Director.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- MD or MBCHB from a recognized University, post graduate degree in internal medicine/surgery strongly preferred. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years, post-internship working experience in resource-poor settings.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office package and Internet.
- Willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse Christian beliefs.
- Able to lead and encourage teamwork among staff.
- May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Visit our website to complete the job application: https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/BGD-Bangladesh-Coxs-Bazar/Ward-Medical-Doctor---Bangladesh_9054