Come join our team in Bangladesh to serve as a Ward Nurse in our new field office and clinic in
Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. This job is a full time, associate position of
2 months duration, with possibility to extend. Position is dependent upon grant funding.
More than 650,000 Rohingya people have fled from Myanmar into Bangladesh since last August. Diphtheria, a potentially deadly infection, has spread rapidly throughout crowded refugee camps. It’s the largest outbreak of this disease in decades. Samaritan’s
Purse is serving in the largest refugee camps in the world-to provide quality care in Jesus’ Name to suffering people.
Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Work with the medical director, doctors, nurses and other ancillary staff to provide overall nursing care to potentially include pediatric, obstetric/gynecological, medical and surgical care.
- Responsible for daily ward rounds and ward shifts, as frequent as the patients’ conditions demand.
- Liaise with local Ministry of Health, UNHCR and other representatives on local, state, and national level to support SP’s programmatic interests and activities, only as required by SP leadership.
- Assist with all general nursing activities and procedures report any programmatic issues to the Medical Director.
- Must be available to assist nurses and ancillary medical staff with difficult procedures.
- May be called upon to offer didactic lectures to the nurses and other ancillary staff as need arises.
- Available for calls up to 24 hours a day five or six days a week.
- All other duties deemed necessary.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- RN or BSN from a certified, licensed college or university is required.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years working experience and/or multiple deployments in resource-poor settings.
- Proficient in basic Microsoft Office package and Internet.
- Willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse Christian beliefs.
- Able to lead and encourage teamwork among staff at the hospital.
- The work environment can be physically challenging. Employee may travel in-country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
Visit our website to complete the job application: https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/BGD-Bangladesh-Coxs-Bazar/Ward-Nurse---Bangladesh_9056