Grove Kids' Ministry Director
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Works with: Ministry Staff, Support Staff
Direct Reports: Early Childhood Associates (2), Volunteer Leaders and Workers
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Grove Kids Ministry Director oversees and coordinates all ministries from birth through grade 5 in support and assistance to the parents.
Children Ministries Planning, Implementation, and Promotion (50%)
- Develop a philosophy of children’s ministry that fosters spiritual growth in children.
- Create, plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive children’s ministry, maintaining an appropriate array of children’s programs and activities fitting the church’s vision with consent from the Executive Pastor before adding or subtracting from the menu
- Promote children’s ministries to the congregation and the community.
- Evaluate and choose or write curriculum as needed and/or desired.
- Administer the physical and equipment needs.
Recruit and Develop Leaders (20%)
- Recruit, qualify, equip and encourage leadership for all children’s ministry programs.
Parent Leadership (20%)
- Act as a special resource to parents, developing parent programs and activities necessary to augment children’s programming and ministering to families.
Administrative Duties (10%)
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Regularly meet with other staff members to coordinate ministries
- Prepare budget, ministry plan and goals.
- Must have a personal relationship and be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Must agree with the doctrinal statement of The Grove Church
- Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith
Job Skills & Requirements
- Love for children and their families expressed through a servanthood style of ministry.
- Understanding of the development of children and how they learn.
- Proficient level of skill in evangelizing, making disciples and teaching children.
- Ability to creatively develop and lead ministries to children.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and equip children’s workers.
- Team spirit in working with other ministries in the church
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
If after reading this description you have some interest in the Kid's Pastor/Director position at The Grove Church and you feel you meet the qualifications for the role, you are invited to submit the following information for consideration:
1. Your resume or CV (in Word doc format only)
2. Results of any personality or strengths assessments you have taken in the past three years (StrengthsFinder, DiSC, Myers-Briggs, etc.)
3. A current headshot photo of yourself, a current photo of your family, and family bio (in Word doc format only)
4. Five references, including: One supervisor or overseer (could be a board member), two or three staff associates, with at least one from someone you have supervised, and one or two personal. NOTE: These references will be contacted later in the process
and only with your prior approval.