The Micah Project seeks a part-time Development Coordinator tasked with creating and executing a development strategy for the organization. The Development Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and growing our relationship with our current support
base as well as seeking out and actively pursuing new funding sources. The Development Coordinator will work with a communications team comprised of the Honduras-based Executive Director and Communications Coordinator as well as our US Board of Director’s
development task force.
The Micah Project is a non-profit organization operating in Tegucigalpa, Honduras that has three group homes for young men and boys, an outreach to street children and a variety of other ministries to the neediest people in the city. The young men in our
group homes, all of whom spent anguished childhoods on the streets or in other situations of extreme risk, are now learning to become Christian leaders through discipleship, formal education and opportunities to develop their talents by serving others. Our
goal is to support these young men as they learn to “act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with their God.” (Micah 6:8).
DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists Executive Director to ensure that the Micah Project has a long-range development strategy which achieves Micah’s mission.
• Achieves consistent and timely progress toward the long-range development strategy.
• Working with the Development Task Force and the Board of Directors, establishes a fundraising goal and develops a strategy to meet or exceed that goal throughout the year.
• Oversees the development strategy, including a communication plan established by working with the Communications Team; this will include a communications calendar and budget that delineate milestones and strategy.
• Searches continually for new funding sources: individuals, churches, foundations and corporate grants, estate planning, etc.
• Ensures all names and contact information from all fundraising events (fun runs, dinners, vision trips, etc.) are entered and sourced through donor database.
• Holds a regular meeting with the Communications Team (communications coordinator, content writers, graphic designers, website developer, social media guru, etc.) to plan and coordinate communications efforts; helps the on-the-ground communication staff
understand how communications are being received/interpreted by constituents and what gaps exist in communication.
• Organizes and/or coordinates, with a team of volunteers, a variety of US Micah events in order to cultivate the support of donors and potential donors.
• Once experienced in role, meets with individuals and/or churches to share Micah vision as well as handling various aspects of Micah business; when needed, coaches Micah graduates on interaction and communication with US friends and potential supporters.
• Follows up with US visitors to the Micah Project to further engage them in the life of the project.
• Represents the vision and ministries of the Micah Project to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
If you’re interested in fulfilling this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.