The Journey Church in New York City has three locations across Manhattan and we're looking for a talented, passionate, and innovative individual to join our Worship Arts Staff. Manhattan is the largest campus of The Journey Church and is experiencing growth
to require adding a full-time Graphic Designer to our Worship Arts staff.
TOP THREE THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING
1. You already live in the NYC metro area (Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York) or are willing to relocate to one of the five NYC boroughs. This is an in-office position.
2. You have a design portfolio and are ready to share it with us.
3. If you're not a great graphic designer and consider yourself a pro with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, this is not the right fit for you.
So. . .are you passionate about designing killer web graphics, printed materials for our services, and mass-media ads to help reach the people of New York City?
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment as part of a proven design system?
If you answer yes to the questions above, keep reading.
• At least 3 years experience in high-quality, professional-level graphic design
• Experience in a church or non-profit environment is preferred
• Website design (not just creating graphics) is a HUGE plus but not a requirement for this position
• Understanding that graphic design is more than creating logos
• Creative but organized and hard working
• Love challenges and always brings creative, doable solutions
• Be an expert with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign
• Be willing and able to receive constructive criticism of your work
• Be willing and able to take clear instruction for a project and produce exactly what is expected
• Be familiar with the Purpose Driven Model
• Love the idea of living and doing ministry in the most influential city in the world
• Loud noises, large crowds, busy sidewalks and public transportation don't bother you but excite you
• Be the primary graphics designer for all printed and digital material for the three Journey Church locations in NYC as well as our campus in Boca Raton, FL.
To start the process, email the following things to:
1. A current resume, including a current picture
2. A link to your graphic design portfolio
3. A link to your facebook / Instagram
Applications that do not include all four of the above will not be considered.