Direct Care Staff is responsible for daily guidance/supervision of client at all times. The DCS assists client to achieve the goals of his/her individual service plan.
Maintain supervision of clients at all times. Daily documentation per program procedures. Visibly monitor sleeping clients and document per program procedures. Administer medication as directed by physician and the client’s service plan. Lead the clients
in establishing ways of living together and managing their daily productive lives per individual service plan. Develop and lead group meetings daily and/or as needed. Respond appropriately to crisis situations including the use of de-escalating techniques.
Transport clients as assigned. Provide appropriate behavior management techniques according to agency guidelines. Help build and maintain positive environment for clients.
1. At least 21 years of age.High School/GED with two years experience of direct service experience with children and families OR Associates degree or higher in a behavioral or social science field.
2. Have the ability, energy, flexibility and maturity to perform the duties and responsibilities.
3. Ability to establish positive relationships with clients and others.
4. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to follow structured routines.
6. Develop and utilize appropriate childcare skills.
7. Display a Christian character.
8. Basic computer skills. (minimum Word and E-Mail)
Online applications at www.gbchfm.org