POSITION: Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor – Full time w/ benefits or Consultant
Description : The Recovery Counselor will be is responsible for the treatment of a specified client caseload, some of whom are referred by DETOX and/or residential programs, treatment court, FIR, probation department, DUI court, or are self
referred for treatment of alcohol and/or other drug addiction. This person will service individuals assessed for a 1A or 1B level of care and for providing individual and group counseling on a regular basis. Clinician will be responsible for meeting all State
Standards and Regulations pertaining to delivery of service and the documentation of services given. This includes treatment planning, case consultations, progress notes, networking with families, probation/parole officers, and other community resources.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college with a major in Chemical Dependency, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Nursing with a clinical specialty in human service or other related field.
- 1 year of clinical experience in a mental health or preferably in a drug and alcohol treatment setting.
- Bilingual-Conversational Spanish and English. (Please note that being bilingual is a requirement and must be demonstrated during the interview process)
- Knowledge of the dynamics of addiction, co-dependency, recovery, and relapse prevention.
- Knowledge of Latino culture and its impact on treatment and recovery.
- Must enjoy working in a holistic environment