Families Pastor (part time)
Christ Church Inner West is a multi site church in Sydney’s Inner West with congregations meeting at St Alban’s Five Dock and St John’s Ashfield. Our church DNA is captured in three simple statements: “Our vision is Jesus. Our mission is people. Our
cause is grace.”
Families Pastor Role
We are currently looking for a Families Pastor for our St Alban’s Five Dock 10am congregation. The role is for 2.5 days per week. The role of the Families Pastor is
to partner with parents and other adults in our church community to lead and grow our ministry to children and families.
We long to see both children and their parents equipped and inspired to know, love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ, his church and the world. For this reason the role includes pastoring both adults and children.
St Alban’s Five Dock
The 10am congregation at St Alban’s has been revitalised over the last 8 years, marked by a greater focus on mission and stronger connections in the local community. Over this time we have been blessed with growth among our young families so that the total
number of children in the congregation has grown from about 5 to 45 with up to 30 in attendance each Sunday.
Character, conviction and competencies
We are looking for someone who:
- loves the Lord Jesus and longs to see others come to salvation in him
- relates well to people of all ages and is able to teach both adults and children
- has a heart for ministering to children in partnership with their families
- brings energy, creativity, maturity, organisational and leadership skills
- has experience working with children and a solid theological framework
The role has four main areas of responsibility:
- Strategic oversight of St Alban’s growing families’ ministry
- Outreach to children in the Inner West with the gospel
- Development of ministry teams
- Creating a culture of grace, discipleship, hospitality and excellence within St Alban’s families ministry
The Families Pastor is part of the wider CCIW staff team consisting of 3 full time and 9 part time staff. There are currently 5 other women on the team and we put a strong priority on supporting women in ministry.
Check out our website for a more detailed role description (stalbanschurch.com.au).
Please send a copy of your resume to Matt Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org), pastor of St Alban’s 10am and 6pm congregations, by Monday 5th March.