To lead the Communications Team by providing leadership and oversight to all marketing and visual communication strategies, with a focus on enhancing the overall vision and brand of Friends Church.
Some of the primary duties include:
- Lead and develop a healthy Communications Team that includes paid staff, interns, and volunteers. Perform regular performance reviews, 1-on-1 coaching, and lead team meetings. Provide oversight and project management for core initiatives, provide creative
direction, design reviews, and quality assurance for all projects.
- Ensure the Friends Church brand is consistent across the spectrum of ministries, campuses and the Friends network of churches. Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Friends brand through copy, design, print and digital marketing channels,
- Work with the Team Lead to define and communicate core department priorities and strategies to multiple internal audiences, maintaining and protecting the Core Events calendar, the All-church Communications Calendar and the Friends brand guidelines.
- Work with the Team Lead to create and maintain Marketing Guides and Marketing Plans for all Core programs and priority initiatives. Marketing Guides include positioning, marketing copy, branding, core benefits and brand promise. Lead and communicate Marketing
Guides and Promotion Plans to all ministries, campuses and the Friends Network to be used in all marketing and promotional campaigns and initiatives.
- Work with the Team Lead to create a strategic marketing plan that ensures Friends Church reaches its yearly goals. Be responsible for the execution of the strategic marketing plan, leading the Communications Team to execute the required tasks with excellence,
on time and on budget.
- Develop and oversee a digital marketing strategy that includes web, social media, mobile apps, email and paid digital advertising. Create and communicate accurate reports that demonstrate ROI for marketing spend while maintaining a healthy marketing budget.
- Lead the Communications Team by pushing the boundaries of creativity through creative and strategic direction, and innovative ideas, helping Friends stay competitive and relevant in our marketplace.
- Manage the Communications Team’s priorities and time, helping find the appropriate balance between department projects and ministry projects. Maintain healthy relationships and communications between the Communications Team and ministry leaders and staff,
scheduling regular meetings that communicate the department’s strategies, priorities as well as reviewing established goals.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education, and Licensure: A Bachelors degree (marketing and communications focus a plus), with a minimum of five (5) years experience in communications, design, and/or marketing. Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience
leading and managing creative teams with experience hiring and developing individuals. The ideal candidate would have both a ministry and industry background.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Must be a strong leader, excellent communicator, a self-starter, and someone who is focused on getting results and achieving goals. The ideal candidate enjoys designing and working within systems, processes, and structure. Must
be a good developer of people, have great people skills, and management skills. Must show proven competencies in technology, design, brand management and multi-channel marketing.
ABILITY: Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity. Ability to identify problems, exhibit both inductive and mathematical reasoning. The ability for occasional travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee will be required to visually review design artwork, see color and have good spatial recognition. The employee is frequently required to use
hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The Communications department is a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.