Through spiritual and musical leadership, the Worship Director sets the tone and creates the environment for lively, heartfelt worship where assembled believers can express their love and adoration for the Triune God. Through musical selections, scriptural
and musical transitions, and other artistic expressions and mediums when applicable, the Worship Director plans and leads weekly and special services.
The Worship Director must possess and demonstrate growing spiritual and musical leadership skills that foster and encourage excellence among the worship band and tech team members, encouraging them to perform their roles and grow their God-given talents
and abilities in a way that honors our Lord and fulfills the mission statement of Living Grace Community Church.
- Leads the weekly Sunday morning worship services.
- Plans services in advance (when feasible) and disseminates the worship plan, song setlist, and musician/tech/leaders line up in a timely manner.
- Leads and directs the band and tech team at rehearsals and Sunday sound checks in preparation for the services.
- Effectively communicates with the band members the varying musical style, feel, and groove of the songs and flow of the set.
- Works with and directs the sound and visual techs to facilitate the smooth flow of the worship plan.
- Possesses a basic understanding of sound engineering and computer/visual worship software (Planning center, Pro-Presenter, EasyWorship, etc.).
- Maintains and updates the song database.
- Maintains and attends to the stage & tech equipment to ensure proper care, operation, and cleanliness.
- Meets with the assistant/back up worship leader(s) prior to rehearsal to pre-plan the flow of the set.
- Attends the weekly staff meeting and works with the teaching pastor(s) in planning the weekly service.
- Attends the monthly Worship Commission meeting for the planning of special services and events.
- Search and recruit other musicians, singers, and techs for the worship ministry.
- Demonstrates a lifestyle of spiritual maturity and leadership consistent with the biblical doctrine of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
- Demonstrates musicianship and vocal abilities consistent with one in a worship leaders position.
Any applicant wanting to be considered for this position should send their resume to Pastor Cory Shreve -
CoryShreve@livinggraceonline.org and complete a Worship Director Application Form through the following link: https://livinggrace.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/178/responses/new