Position Objective: To provide leadership to the worship ministries of Cresset Church, a contemporay, casual, family-focused replant.
Position Description: The Worship Leader will be the “producer” of each worship service and special program. Although the lead pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship leader will oversee
and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship leader must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship leader is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him to join in the
pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Cresset.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
- A shepherd as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation, academy, and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church and academy in worship.
- Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Cresset and Cresset’s Academy.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Cresset in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance
the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Develop and lead student-based worship team(s) for the academy.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
- Introduce worship teams to worship training whether it is provided by other ministries, books, and conferences or whether it is in-house. The goal is to raise up and equip future worship leaders.
- Plan major seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas two to three times per year. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Other duties as assigned.