Samaritan’s Purse is looking for an Area Coordinator for our office in the former Province Orientale (PO) operational area in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). We have the opportunity to serve
the Congolese people by bringing them physical aid, but most importantly, spiritual aid through sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Be a part of leading our team to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people we serve in the PO area.
The Area Coordinator is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, and oversight of programs & personnel in the PO operational area. The Area Coordinator must ensure that all program designs and outputs align with Samaritan’s Purse’s
strategy, donor standards, and local laws. He/she provides broad oversight to Operations, Supply Chain, Security, Human Resources, Ministry and Community Relations in support of ongoing projects in the PO Area.
Description of Job duties:
- Coordinate all programs & support-related personnel in the geographic area assigned in close communication with Country Director (CD).
- Provide overall leadership for all SP personnel in the Area Office and bases.
- Develop and ensure a healthy and effective work environment, where all staff can grow spiritually & professionally, and are empowered to perform to the best of their ability.
- In coordination with Senior Program Manager (SPM), support Program Managers by helping address programmatic challenges, by coordinating & optimizing operational support, and by empowering staff responsible for monitoring and evaluation.
- Guide & coordinate Human Resources in coordination with HR Dept.
- Guide, coordinate and promote Ministry activity in coordination with Ministry Dept.
- Support Finance Department staff and participate in strategic financial procedures, including budget monitoring & development.
- Represent SP in Community Relations and cultivate productive relationships through networking with government, local churches, UN and other NGOs.
- Collaborate with CD, DCD, SPM and Program Development Officer (PDO) in development of strategic planning.
- Seek out programming & funding opportunities & resources to address Area needs, and assist SPM and PDO in project design and proposal development.
- Guide efforts to optimize efficiencies, minimize fraud and reduce risks in all Area activities.
- In coordination with CD, provide HR support to SP expatriates and participate in recruitment process.
- Discern, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 - 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa or DRC.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in French
- Field level management experience.
- Strong organizational and cross cultural communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership including managing multiple programs and large diverse teams.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Understanding of local culture is essential.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field and willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road and muddy conditions.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is accompanied but unable to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Please visit our website to apply for this position - https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/area-coordinator-province-orientale/job/7067414