As a critical member of the Samaritan’s Purse (SP) DRC team, the Deputy Country Director (DCD) assists the Country Director (CD) in providing overall
leadership and direction to Samaritan’s Purse activities in the DRC.
The DCD sets an example to the entire DRC team, and positively influences the Country Office working environment. The DCD watches over all in-country activities, promoting excellence and integrity, wise stewardship of resources, operational efficiency and
coordination, compliance with SP policy, and constant growth in capacity.
Join the team to meet the physical and spiritual needs of those we serve in several parts of the DRC. Isaiah 6:8 says "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’" Have a career
with impact, serve with us!
Description of Job duties:
- Assist CD and Senior Programs Manager (SPM) with strategic planning, creating and articulating a clear vision and strategy, and developing and fulfilling the Country Plan.
- Represent SP at meetings with government, donor and civil society partners, cultivating fruitful relationships and promoting SP’s interests.
- Keep CD informed of status, information, needs, and concerns related to all operations.
- Work closely with SPM to ensure full operational support for all project activities and personnel.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure efficient budget management and financial compliance of all operations.
- Constantly monitor and fine-tune operations to ensure integrity and prevent and detect fraud.
- Participate in hiring of all Operations Senior Managers and Sub-Managers. Directly supervise senior managers, providing direction and motivation, support and encouragement, professional development, correction and performance reviews.
- Supervise and support HR manager in administering an excellent system for recruitment, management and professional development of national staff.
- Supervise and support Logistics Manager in administering staff and systems for support of projects; for management of bases and warehouses; and for careful stewardship of vehicles, technology and other assets and resources.
- Work with DRC Security Manager to help coordinate total Security Plan, ensuring thorough and up-to-the-minute measures for prevention of problems and preparedness for all eventualities.
- Directly guide and coordinate total in-country care of all SP expat personnel and visitors, including arrangements for housing, travel, benefits, spiritual health, and professional development.
- Communicate directly with SP support personnel outside DRC, ensuring compliance with policy guidelines and providing current updates.
- Regularly visit all bases, ensuring operations are consistent with established protocols, and logistics are fully supporting project efforts. Help Program Managers resolve logistics and coordination challenges.
- Fill in for the Country Director when absent.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university and a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience. Master’s degree in International Development of related field preferred.
- Position requires extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams; particularly in Africa.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English required and French preferred.
- Possess strong organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and networking skills.
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Experience of financial and administrative coordination.
- Ability to adapt and operate for extended periods in austere conditions.
- Willingness to travel frequently and stay in the field for extended periods.
- Ability to coordinate activities with local involvement and establish working relationships with other NGOs.
24-month contract with the potential for renewal.
This can be an accompanied assignment but not able to accommodate children.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Please visit this page to apply: https://careers.samaritanspurse.org/deputy-country-director-drc/job/7688255