Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are
victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a
Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a
Senior Application Developer in our Information Technology Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Evaluate current application stack and make recommendations for improvements.
- Guide and collaborate with team of developers and designers to design, develop, test and support web, line-of business/desktop, and mobile applications.
- Implement a broad set of services and API's to power web and mobile applications.
- Implement web applications that access internal and external services.
- Optimize and scale applications and services to meet the needs of our donors.
- Translate UX/UI specifications and wireframes to web.
- Assist in development of continuous integration/continuous delivery strategy within development group.
- Work as part of a team of developers to develop applications for the web, line of business/desktop applications, mobile (iOS, Android, Barcode/POS).
- Contribute to documentation of API's and applications.
- Perform performance tuning and testing.
- Designing and implementing well-structured and scalable web services and front ends
- Ability to understand a variety of programming languages and patterns and no fear of tackling new languages, frameworks or technologies
- Good communication and organization skills and the ability to manage large projects with minimal supervision
- Collaborate well with a small team of other developers
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related area of study; and computer systems training certificate indicative of related training; and five+ years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- SQL: MySQL, SQL Server
- Proficiency in Linux
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Hudson, etc.)
- Familiarity with .Net (c# specifically) or java
- Amazon Web Services
- Open Stack
- Web application security: OWASP, Authentication/Authorization, JWT, OAUTH/OPENID
Employees who work in the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide