First Liberty Institute is the largest legal organization in the nation dedicated exclusively to defending religious liberty for all Americans. Based in Plano, TX, First Liberty represents people of all faiths, providing vigorous representation of clients
whose First Amendment rights have been violated, whether in the public arena, schools, the military, or churches.
What This Job is About
We are looking for a bright, talented and motivated professional to oversee First Liberty’s online presence, working with functional departmental leaders and staff to achieve First Liberty’s goals. This person’s primary responsibility is to strategize and
execute digital marketing programs, oversee the day-to-day operation of our websites (making sure they work right all the time), and achieve exceptional search placement for our legal cases and religious liberty-related keywords.
The Digital Marketing Manager/Specialist will work under the leadership of a creative and energetic Director of Marketing Communications. While it is not a job for the faint of heart or slow to act, it is a great opportunity for the person who shares our
commitment to the essential constitutional imperative and loves to make exceptional websites that will be easily found, engage users, and drive conversions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume hand-on responsibility for First Liberty’s web properties and online presence
- Manage and eliminate technical issues that hinder website performance
- Maximize SEO and optimize search rankings
- Create and execute effective and targeted paid search/PPC campaigns
- Optimize form-field/data capture (name acquisition)
- Create branded micro-sites for target-specific marketing campaigns
- Analyze digital/web metrics and online fundraising results to measure the impact of First Liberty’s initiatives
- Create information dashboards and develop insights that drive decisions
- Manage technical and operational aspects of email marketing campaigns
- Implement organization-wide web projects
- Manage web-related vendors
- A minimum of five years developing and implementing website and digital communications
- Experience with day-to-day, hands-on operation of large, complex websites
- Ability to implement multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with the ability to present and explain technical and business information to smart but non-technical people
- Understanding of online marketing concepts, including content marketing
- Expert understanding of web industry best practices regarding information architecture (IA), usability, content and functionality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Action oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient with HTML and image editing
- Fluency in SEO concepts
- Strong knowledge of web analytics, including Google Analytics and other measurement tools
- Skilled at using with content management systems (CMS) such as Word Press and various editing tools and plug-ins
- Experience with copyediting and use of graphic style sheets
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, like Blackbaud, is a plus
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. First Liberty Institute
is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 403(b), and vacation benefits.
First Liberty Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or marital status, in accordance with federal and state law.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.