Faith Community Church is looking for a youth pastor who loves people, is gifted at equipping others, is very engaging, works hard, is organized, and is responsible. This person should have an evident call to pastoral ministries. To view the full job description,
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Youth Pastor will be a member of the pastoral team. This person will operate under the direction of the Senior Pastor. The Youth Pastor provides spiritual oversight, leadership, and inspiration for junior/senior high school ministries at Faith
The Youth Pastor is expected to contribute to the whole church through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support, and other appropriate ways as this person serves Christ, the church, the youth, and the Senior Pastor.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
- The Youth Pastor oversees and coordinates the youth program and is responsible for strategizing, planning, and implementing ministry that is in keeping with the church’s overall mission and philosophy.
- Work to develop healthy relationship with students and their parents.
- Partner with parents to provide support and guidance in the raising of teens.
- Work to develop healthy relationship with our local school districts
- Partner with our local school districts in providing support and guidance in the raising of teens
- Help oversee and coordinate off-site ministries (Bible studies in schools)
- Keep abreast of the youth trends and resources needed to effectively minister the Gospel to youth. Be able to provide advice to the church leadership on youth needs.
- As a part of the total church family, take opportunity to involve youth in the everyday ministry of the church.
- Keep the Senior Pastor informed at all times.