Looking for a dynamic, motivated, energetic self-starter to provide leadership and direction to New Beginning's Lutheran Church Children's Ministry. New Beginnings is a dynamic, growing church that exists for those who do not yet know Christ. We are located
in Pacific, MO in the Southwest outskirts of St. Louis. Qualified and interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to email@example.com.
Children’s Ministry Director Position Description New Beginnings Lutheran Church
Reports to: Faith Journey Director Full-time: Exempt
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the children’s ministry (newborns through 4th grade) to equip NBLC households to share faith where they live, work and play. Responsibilities
include weekly children’s programming, special events, recruiting and equipping volunteers, budgeting, promoting, and advancing all aspects of NBLC’s ministries to children in alignment with the other ministries of the congregation. The person in this position
will drive Children’s Ministry beyond the status quo through creative platforms to pursue our mission to know Christ and make Christ known.
Key Results Area: • Recruits, disciples, and motivates a growing team of children’s ministry volunteers.
• Manage, equip, and support team members through various channels by providing communications, training and development for children’s team members.
• Utilize marketing strategies for attracting greater household participation in the programs offered.
• Communicate children’s ministry activities to the congregation through various channels.
• Responsible for the children’s (newborn – 4th grade) regular programming, special events.
• Prepare and manage budget for children’s ministry.
• Identify benchmark ministries and formulate strategies to implement best practices for continually improving ministry to children.
• Oversee management of curricula and supplies. • Ensure effective administration of rotation schedule for children’s ministry team members.
• Provide ministry venues designed to equip families for continued Christian nurture as well as developing relationships between NBLC households that helps create community and an effective process of a life-long faith journey.
• Ensure NBLC’s database (i.e., myNBLC) remains updated for all households with children 0-4th grade.
Key Competencies: • Entrepreneurial spirit, outstanding oral, visual, and written communication ability.
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Ever growing familiarity with MS Office, Publisher, Google Apps & related tools.
• Creativity, management skills, and excellent interpersonal skills that make it possible to encourage, manage, and mentor volunteers in wide age-range.
Qualifications: • A member in good standing of NBLC who demonstrates a commitment to the congregation’s Vision Framework.
• Passion for and deep commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inspired Word of God and the Lutheran Confessions as the correct interpretation of the Holy Scriptures.
• Passion for ministry to children and their families.
• Demonstrated resilience and ability to effectively initiate & complete projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of people, creating consensus with authenticity and transparency.
Bachelor's degree required.