TMS Global, a non-denominational Christian mission agency based in Norcross, Georgia, is seeking a full-time Controller.
Founded in 1984, TMS Global exists to mobilize and deploy the body of Christ globally to join Jesus in His mission, especially among the least reached peoples. Our work involves training, mobilizing and serving cross-cultural workers around the world, as
well as, delivering resources, training and education to US churches to enable them to enhance their mission impact.
The Finance Department’s mission is to steward the financial holding and financial activities of all TMS Global constituencies accurately and professionally, with a servant’s heart.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Controller is responsible to develop, implement and monitor financial policies, procedures and reporting that empowers constituents to forge healthy financial habits and make informed financial decisions.
Location: Norcross, Georgia
- Conduct accurate financial reporting for all TMS constituencies that conforms to accounting standards.
- Develop and enforce policies, procedures and internal controls to maximize efficiencies, minimize risk and ensure compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Oversee recording and management of cross-cultural worker account balances and respond to cross-cultural witnesses’ financial needs.
- Provide proactive treasury management monitoring cash flow and bank activity to ensure availability of funds for daily operations.
- Provide investment oversight to ensure compliance with investment policy and serve as staff liaison to Finance Committee.
- Provide ongoing financial analyses to enable data-driven decision making to the Board, CEO and COO.
- Oversee creation of annual budget and distribution of monitoring reports.
- Manage and direct annual filing of charitable trusts, distributions of investments, audits and tax returns and state/federal registrations.
- Oversee month end close to ensure accurate journal entry postings, investment reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations.
- Oversee and manage insurance policies for organization.
- Supervise and monitor accuracy in general daily input functions.
- Provide expertise to utilize best practice technology tools.
- Employment with TMS Global is a privilege and a ministry. All staff must be gifted in sharing the love of God through joyful service and live in accordance with our faith statement, as well as, life application of God’s Word.
- The qualified candidate shall have a college degree and minimum five years’ work experience in accounting and/or financial management.
- Strong working knowledge of governmental regulations related to non-profit organizations.
- Must enjoy working and collaborating with others and has leadership ability to give fiscal oversight and make best practice recommendations to the entire operation.
- Tactful in personal contact and written correspondence related to the various needs of the staff, public, cross-cultural witnesses, donors, and church leadership.
- Strong collaborative and analytical skills, attention to detail, and personable personality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high level of personal integrity is essential.
- Experience deploying technology tools that drive efficiencies and facilitate data-driven decision making.
- Experience with Financial Edge, a plus.
Please follow these detailed instructions. Application deadline is March 9, 2018.
- Craft your cover letter and resume into one multi-page PDF document, highlighting how your experience and skills meet the position requirements.
- Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile and other relevant digital footprints.
- Save the file with your name.
- Send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Controller” in the subject line.
We regret we are unable to respond to phone inquiries or snail mail submissions.