Job in a Paragraph
The Worship Leader will assist the Lead Worship Pastor with being the architect for what happens musically across all Fountain Springs Church (FSC) locations. All services should be planned with intentionality and executed with excellence. Every weekend
is someone’s first time to FSC, and it might be our only chance to show him or her who Jesus is. Therefore, we will prepare and program like their life depends on it!
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of FSC.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry over the past few years
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Ableton Live. Video production would be a plus.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Help build and maintain the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of FSC.
- Assist planning the corporate worship services of FSC in consultation with the Worship Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Primarily lead for our East Location and be willing to lead in our other ministries as well (Students, CR, Prison Location).
- Help set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the vision of FSC.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of FSC and always protect the unity of the church.
See job description link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4ufzux87iuodsz/Job%20Description%20-%20Worship%20Pastor.pdf?dl=0