Sr. Network Engineer
Salem Media Group offers an EXCEPTIONAL opportunity for a strong Sr. Network Engineer.
As a member of the Network Shared Services (NSS) Team, the Sr. Network Engineer will be tasked with overall responsibility for configuring, installing, securing and managing Salem’s existing and planned Voice and Data corporate networks - LAN, WAN, Datacenter
and Wireless. The position will be tasked with creating, documenting and managing new Salem standard configurations for all of the companies’ Cisco Routers, Catalyst Switches and Firewalls. In addition, this individual will be charged with participating in
orderly deployments of the aforementioned network systems throughout the companies’ nationwide markets – while working together with NSS team members, market management and other Salem technical staff to insure the highest levels of system availability.
The successful individual will be responsible for mentoring and training other Associate Engineers of the team. When needed, domestic travel to Salem’s market locations for new system deployments or maintenance is required. The position will require that
the employee carry a company assigned cell phone, pager or other such remote communications device. This position reports directly to the Network Shared Services Manager.
Potential candidates must possess a range of the following skills:
- Ideal candidate will have a strong networking background with a focus on Cisco hardware
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Cisco Best Practices in:
- Routing protocols OSPF and BGP
- WAN connectivity mediums including T1/T3 and Metro Ethernet
- DMVPN, GRE point-to-point IPSEC
- VTP, SNMP, NTP, Spanning-Tree and Etherchannel
- QoS understanding and configuration, able to customize across all Cisco platforms to support Voice, Video, and selected applications
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Network Security, including the design, and tuning of Cisco ASA firewall appliances
- Solid command of IOS, IOS –XR, NX-OS
- Provide top-level support and ownership of network computing infrastructure technologies in a global environment.
- Manage complex Tier 3 and 4 Network issues
- Cross training Associate Engineers in the use or maintenance of network technologies
- MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Datacenter design utilizing the Nexus product line
- Working with Riverbed Steelhead appliances and Pulse Secure VPN
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices so as to recommend technological improvements for Salem.
- Conduct and make recommendations on LAN & WAN resource, performance and capacity planning.
Desired Job Experience:
- · Minimum 7-10 years’ experience leading complex project builds with proven performance to achieve on-time completion of projects.
Desired Education or Degree:
- · Cisco CCNP or equivalent experience
Candidates must be internally motivated and self-driven for excellent results. Must be able to recommend sound and effective infrastructure designs that align with business objectives. The ability to proactively identify opportunities for improvement in
the technical environment and in organizational processes is strongly desired. Must have strong leadership skills, providing project leadership as needed, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to work in a team or work independently
on complex tasks with minimal technical and management guidance is required. Must be able to meet deadlines and deliver status updates to project team on a frequent basis.
Come see how Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been awarded as a “Great Place To Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” employer.” Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.