Is God calling you to a new adventure? The Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. and Faith House LLC are looking for those who sense His calling to join a team of evangelical Christians who are committed to changing lives now and for eternity. We are looking for
those who love Jesus Christ and are compassionate toward those who are homeless, hungry, addicted, or in desperate physical and spiritual need.
Must enthusiastically agree with Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values, and Goals.
There are three opportunities: Public Relations Manager at the Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. and Director and Program Manager at Faith House LLC.
If you would like to join a great team in a life-changing ministry, please email your resume to email@example.com or send to P.O. Box 3389, Frederick, MD 21705.
No phone calls accepted. To learn more about the Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. visit www.therescuemission.org.
Director of Faith House
Overall Job Description
Under the direction of the Executive Director, lead, manage, and organize ministries that are focused on changing the lives of homeless women and children through the love of Jesus Christ. Provide accountability to respective staff members and achieve agreed
upon goals. Establish and consistently advance a ministry team and culture that encourages those that come for shelter to make the transition from homelessness to a Christ-centered and self-sufficient life. Exercise decision-making and demonstrate administrative
competency in matters beyond programming to upkeep of facilities, budgeting, and all things to advance Faith House.
- Lead and manage the entire Faith House ministry
- Oversee intake process for those desiring entry to Faith House
- Construct a program that focuses on a 6-point matrix: 1) Spirituality 2) Employment 3) Income
4) Transportation 5) Education 6) Issues of Dysfunction
- Hire and manage a staff of case managers and resident managers complemented with a well-organized group of volunteers. Coordinate with Volunteer Manager of Frederick Rescue Mission to recruit and place volunteers
- Organize, arrange, and manage all residential and living (food, laundry, cleaning, etc.) aspects for the women and children of Faith House
- Collaborate and build relationships with ministries, non-profits, and community resources to provide the
women and children of Faith House what is needed for success. (e.g., YMCA, United Way, etc.)
- Work in concert with Interfaith Housing for care and maintenance of the Natelli Apartments, Faith
House Building, and the grounds on North Market Street
- Make intentional efforts to build positive relationships with the neighbors and attend NAC 7 meetings
- Design exit strategies for those who are ready to no longer be homeless and a referral base for those who need to leave Faith House prematurely
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualities and Skills Needed
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and active in a local church.
- Committed to the Scriptures in faith and practice.
- In agreement with the vision and policies of the Frederick Rescue Mission.
- A servant’s heart and compassion for those who are lost and hurting yet not an enabler.
- Five years or more of successful administrative and program management experience.
- Four-year college degree.
- Competent administratively and very goal oriented. Delegates effectively.
- Experience in case management or people development.
- Competent computer skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must enthusiastically agree with Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values, and Goals.
- Reports to Executive Director.
- FSLA Classification: Exempt
- Pay Classification: Full Time