Is God calling you to a new adventure? The Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. and Faith House LLC are looking for those who sense His calling to join a team of evangelical Christians who are committed to changing lives now and for eternity. We are looking for
those who love Jesus Christ and are compassionate toward those who are homeless, hungry, addicted, or in desperate physical and spiritual need.
Must enthusiastically agree with Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values, and Goals.
There are three opportunities: Public Relations Manager at the Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. and Director and Program Manager at Faith House LLC.
If you would like to join a great team in a life-changing ministry, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to P.O. Box 3389, Frederick, MD 21705.
No phone calls accepted. To learn more about the Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. visit www.therescuemission.org.
Public Relations Manager
Overall Job Description: Under the direction of the Director of Development, construct, execute, monitor, and revise the long-term and annual Public Relations and Marketing Plan for the Frederick
Rescue Mission. Increase and enhance the name recognition and branding of Frederick Rescue Mission among the general public, churches, businesses, all things charity and philanthropy. Capture the stories of lives being changed and tell the stories accurately,
creatively, widely, and consistently with integrity, whereby each department is well represented and each sector of the community is being effectively reached.
- Thinks strategically and researches diligently connecting the community and events to the best interests and
opportunities for FRM
- Solidifies the brand of FRM as the place and organization of changed lives
- Oversees the entire process of monthly newsletter
- Writes content material and serves as the key person for managing the organization’s website and social media
- Works with Development Team on the planning, managing, and executing of special events
- Creates and arranges printed materials and presentations for the public at the Mission and in the community
- Coordinates activities of organization’s gift drives in the community (Christmas gifts, School Supplies, etc.)
- Establishes working relationships with various media outlets, seizes opportunities, and writes press releases
and media alerts along with archiving articles about the Mission.
- Speaks publicly to small and large groups
- Ensures photographs are secured at all events and as great opportunities arise.
- Enforces consistency of branding items such as logos, slogans, and messaging, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Development and the Executive Director
Qualities and Skills Needed
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and actively participating in a local church.
- Committed to the Scriptures in faith and practice.
- In agreement with the vision and policies of the Frederick Rescue Mission.
- A servant’s heart and compassion for those who are lost, and are hurting yet not an enabler.
- Can demonstrate successful marketing or public relations experience.
- Four-year college degree.
- Well organized with time, energy, focus, and tasks. Creative but works off a team plan.
- Competent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Website entries.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must enthusiastically agree with Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values, and Goals.
- Credible references.
- Reports to Partnership Development Director.
- FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
- Pay Classification: Full Time
- Occasionally work on the weekend and evenings