GENERAL SUMMARY: The Senior Accountant is responsible for supplying great accounting support and excellent customer service. Play a key role in audit and tax return preparation, prepare monthly journal entries & reconciliations, and provide
leadership to department-wide document retention and archiving process. Assist in lean process reviews, support software implementations, provide organization to Accounting Policy updates and maintenance, and support the Accounting Management group. Provide
technical and accounting support for the Payroll unit, including payroll processing, internal auditing, and reconciliation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
(Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
1. Accounting Department Support:
• Assist with audit and tax return preparation as assigned; including retirement plan audit.
• Provide leadership to department-wide document retention and organize annual archive process. • Provide structure and organization to Accounting policies, updates, and maintenance.
• Assist Controller and Assistant Controller with Accounting policy updates and maintenance.
• Assist with “Lean process” reviews and other process improvement work.
• Support software implementations directly and indirectly.
• Provide assistance in updating documentation of procedures.
• Provide support to the Accounting Management Group as needed.
• Assist with other special projects as assigned.
2. Payroll Function Support:
• Propose to the Assistant Controller improvements and modifications to the internal controls, policies and procedures, and compliance requirements of CRISTA payroll function.
• Provide backup coverage for payroll processing.
• Perform internal audits of Payroll post processing and payroll data or system updates. Assist with proactively analyzing, documenting, and implementing changes to the Payroll processes.
• Responsible for review of the 403b files.
• Assist in the 403b financial audit.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with centralized HR staff and Payroll Processor to ensure good team communications and the best possible service to employees.
• Help respond to Accounting Department questions regarding payroll activity and posting to GL; particularly during month-end close.
3. General Ledger:
• Prepare journal entries and reconciliations as assigned, primarily Payroll related.
• Assist with review of preliminary monthly financial information as needed.
4. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers. 5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates the
values of a CRISTA leader.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Experience: Three years of general ledger or public accounting, including computerized accounting systems, complex account reconciliations, and payroll processing.
- Software and Equipment Used: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Other Considerations: Problem solving capabilities and is able to become proficient in a variety of software applications quickly. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety
of personality types as well as demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow.
- Education: Information System classes
- Five years with accounting software systems or three years public Accounting with mid-size or national firm.
- Accounting with Not-for-Profit organizations.
- With software implementations.
- Development of policies and procedures
- Lean Six Sigma certification, training or experience
- Licensure/Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Software and Equipment Used: Working knowledge of Unit4 Agresso/Business World On, Paycom, or Salesforce software systems.
- Other Considerations: Variety or breadth of accounting experiences.
To be considered for this position please submit an application via our webiste: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=owNO6fwX&s=Christian_Jobs