LIVING WATERS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Work with a ministry and team that makes an impact for eternity every day.
Living Waters is searching for an individual to fill our IT Manager/Programmer position. The right candidate should have the broad experience and qualifications necessary to oversee computer and systems management, as well as web applications and programming
needs surrounding tight data exchange and program integrations. The candidate must also be fluent in security requirements and protocols facing the ever-changing data landscape. Following is a summary of qualifications we are looking for in potential candidates.
Hardware and Operating Systems
Proficiency working with current versions of Microsoft Server, Linux, Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, SonicWall (hardware firewall), etc.
Proficiency in working with various versions of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and other proprietary databases, as they relate to database development and management, as well as tools for creating custom connectivity solutions between software applications,
platforms, and web applications and services.
Working knowledge of software such as or similar to: Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat, Active Directory, DNS, Sage 100 ERP Accounting, Web Host Manager, cPanel, Apache, IIS, FTP, Imaging conversions, WordPress and related
plugins, Magento and related plugins, Backup and Recovery software, Remote Desktop, PC anywhere, etc.
Solid knowledge and skill set in working with the following: a). Content Management systems and architectures such as WordPress or open source content management systems used in web design, b). Experience working closely with web designer in creating, launching,
and managing websites, c). Creating custom programming solutions involving scheduling tasks, triggers, etc., d). E-commerce site construction, integration, and data exchange between platforms and software, e). Transaction processing, f). Back office reporting,
g). Real-time integration with accounting systems or other databases, h). PCI and legal credit card compliance and web security issues, and i). Web blacklisting issues.
The daily duties of the Living Waters IT Manager/Programmer include:
- Maintenance of headquarters’ computer network (including off-site backups and connections)
- Handling customer service requests related to e-commerce and downloads
- Manage off-site hosted web servers
- Maintenance of headquarters’ telephone and internet systems
- Manage tight programming integration between websites and accounting/inventory/distribution systems
- Manage customer and email databases for creation of mailing lists
- Management of hardware and software procurement across departments
- Coordination with VP of Finance & Administration, CFO regarding policies and procedures, as well as maintenance and installation of core business infrastructure
- Manage IT programming and infrastructure projects in development with outside consultants
- Ongoing communication to management and department heads regarding projects
The general qualifications for the position include:
- 5 or more years information systems experience
- 2 or more years IT management experience
- Asset management experience
- Microsoft or other certifications
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-tasking environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position reports directly to the General Manager and upper management, and is an on-site position at our headquarters in Bellflower, CA.
Please email résumés with references and salary requirements (salary history preferred but not required) to email@example.com. If by mail, send to Living Waters, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 1172, Bellflower, CA 90707. No phone calls, please. This is
an ongoing search and qualified applicants will be contacted at the sole discretion of Living Waters. No other follow-up with applicants will be offered.
Thanks and peace to you,
Vice President of Finance & Administration, CFO