DIGITAL AUDIENCE SPECIALIST (Full time role)
Salem Media Group offers an EXCEPTIONAL opportunity for a strong Digital Audience Specialist.
Primary duties include pre and post-sale coordination of our digital marketing solutions including but not limited to programmatic display, search engine marketing, website design among other digital advertising solutions.
Main duties are:
- Collaborate between clients, sales, and partner teams to manage a variety of online business categories.
- Work with sales team to maintain consistent and positive communication with a growing client base.
- Prepare and deliver campaign reports and analytics to SMB clients.
- Identify critical campaign performance details and coordinate day-to-day campaign management with fulfilment teams.
Candidates must have:
- A 4-year college degree
- Practical experience in a client-facing position
- Proven organization and coordination skills
- Demonstrated flexibility as an analyst and problem-solver
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of search marketing best practices
- Basic knowledge of social media best practices
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of the state of online media
Primary duties of this person will be sales focused with accountabilities in both digital and broadcast areas. In addition to developing clients, this person will also be responsible for assisting other AE’s achieve their digital sales budgets.
Secondary responsibilities include keeping local digital assets fresh, compelling and representative of on-air content and station brand.
RESPONSIBILITIES Primary duties of this person will be sales focused in all digital areas. In addition to developing his/her own list of clients that may utilize both digital and broadcast assets, this person will be responsible for assisting
other AE’s achieve their digital sales budgets.
• Ability to audit client marketing presence and identify strengths and weaknesses & how to improve (website, google, etc.) - provide a needs analysis.
• Conduct compelling presentations to sell client solutions based on audit/analysis.
• Provide sales support for all sales staff as it relates to Digital efforts. This includes sharing knowledge of and training on all Digital assets, creating sales packages, providing analytics and brainstorming.
• Attending sales calls with other team members each week.
• Deliver weekly digital training and lead brainstorming sessions for digital ideas in sales meetings
• Help AE’s integrate digital assets into the fabric of broadcast radio centric asks
• Help cultivate specs for digital presentations and local digital case studies
• Stay current with emerging digital opportunities
• Conduct quarterly “Lunch and Learn” meetings with clients.
• Help AE’s with workflow and campaign execution and coordination with any/all 3rd party vendors.
• Attend monthly corporate online meeting or conference call focusing on sales opportunities and success stories. From time to time, you will be asked to share efforts from your market.
• Work with station Programming and Promotion staff to make sure Digital revenue opportunities are maximized and
client goals/objectives are included in brainstorming discussions.
EXPERTISE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Digital knowledge of local digital reputation management
• Social media marketing and management for small business
• Knowledge of how to buy digital ads for local businesses
• Local SEO knowledge and brand marketing experience
• Knowledge of importance of local directory listings and how to get them
• Demonstrated history of campaign success using digital as a primary vehicle
• Proven success in Sales, Leadership and Team Building
• Digital media sales or product experience required
• Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop or other graphics program.
• A proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
• Bachelor's Degree desired or equivalent work experience
• 3 years minimum outside/premise sales experience required.
Come see how Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been awarded as a “Great Place To Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” employer.” Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.