FOOD OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Job Title: Food Outreach Coordinator
Area/Location: Chester, PA
Reports To: Family Services Manager
Date Submitted for Approval: 10.19.17
Job Description Approved: 10.30.17
Classification: Coordinator / Full Time Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $15 hour/DOE
Do you have a heart for service and want to help provide food to those in need? Chester Cityteam has created a new position that might be just for you! The new Food Outreach Coordinator will be an integral part of our Family Services Team, whose mission
it is to, “share Christ’s unconditional and redemptive love with the least among us by caring for their immediate needs and empowering them to embrace lasting solutions.”
Our Family Services Team does so much for those in need, and the new Food Outreach Coordinator will be instrumental in helping us provide food to the community. The Food Outreach Coordinator will work behind the scenes to plan, organize, and coordinate food
donations and pick ups. You will also be God’s hands and feet as you interact with the community. You will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, train, and schedule volunteers. You will oversee all aspects of the pantry, including the Fresh
Produce & Baked Goods ministry. The Food Outreach Coordinator will work with the entire Family Servcies Team on major events such as our Holiday Outreach programs where we give away holiday food boxes.
While the Food Outreach Coordinator is not officially on the Kitchen Supervior’s team, it will be crucial that you work together in a supportive and integrated fashion, as you will be working in the same space. The Food Outreach Coordinator must be able
to work independently and with others, always keeping safety a top priority. Our ideal candidate will be organized, thrive on interacting with others, and be able to handle the unexpected with grace.
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and efficient environment.
- Oversee the driving schedule and coordinate all food drop offs and pick ups
- Responsible for general oversight of Cityteam vehicles (i.e. gas, safety checks, paperwork, and maintenance)
- Submit all purchase orders and invoices on a weekly basis.
- Receive donations and drop offs personally or arrange for another designated person to receive them
- Keep pantry clean and organized
- Maintain high food quality standards
- Provide a hospitable, service-oriented environment, modeling a positive example and tone with all staff and volunteers.
- Initiate corrective actions with clients as needed, and involve the Family Services Manager as necessary.
- Inform the Family Services Manager of any equipment or facility repair needs.
- Attend and contribute to weekly Team Meetings.
- Desire and develop grace-filled communication with all Cityteam staff, especially the Family Services Team.
- Build positive relationships with vendors, organizations, and donors.
- Keep scheduling commitments and meet deadlines.
- Recruit, schedule, and train volunteers.
- Identify and develop Lead Volunteers.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Family Services Program Manager and City Director.
- Advocate for Cityteam with those in your circles of influence.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Push 100 pounds
- Lift and carry 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally drive to pick up or drop off food
- Must be able to read and follow written directions
- Must be able to hear and follow oral directions
- Must be able to work cooperatively and safely
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess or be willing to obtain an accredited Food Handler’s Certificate within first 30-days of employment
- Computer literate, especially with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean record
- No DUI within the past 10-years
- Must meet the Cityteam driver requirements and pass the Cityteam driver’s test
- Professional phone etiquette
- Collaboration skills
- Customer service/client focus
Preferred Education and Experience
- ServeSafe certification
- Supervisory experience
- Class B driving license
- This job operates in a typical warehouse environment that could be cold, hot, and drafty
- This position will frequently go in and out of a walk in refrigerator or freezer
- The employee is frequently exposed to cold, heat, and noise
- Frequently around wet, slippery floors or surfaces
- Occasionally around chemicals
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm, with occasional weekends and holidays
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
- Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ