LIFE CHOICES CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
Objectives of the Position:
Under the broad and general review of the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides ministry leadership, especially in the areas of vision casting, financial planning, spiritual leadership, development and strategic planning. Performance
is evaluated on the basis of efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of the mission of Life Choices Pregnancy Center (“Life Choices”). This will be evidenced by the achievement of established goals and objectives, operational improvements, and effective expansion
and growth of programs and services.
Serve as CEO to Life Choices and as liaison to the Board of Directors. The CEO bears final responsibility for management of Life Choices internal programs through supervision of the Center Directors, Medical Director, Education Director, Healing Choices
Director, and for all external programs to include, but not limited to: Communications, Church Relations, Donor Relations, Events, Fiscal Management, Marketing, Public Relations, and Facilities and Equipment Management.
The CEO is responsible to:
- Implement Life Choices’ mission statement.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, and the policies of Life Choices.
- Actively represent and present the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Oversee through the Center Directors, Medical Director, Education Director, Healing Choices Director, and the workings of our internal programs.
- Encourage, equip and partner with the local body of Christ to promote the sanctity of human life, sexual integrity, and the restoration of the family unit.
- Actively heighten the awareness of the sanctity of human life throughout our communities.
- Creates polices and procedures to accomplish ministry being culturally relevant, cross-generational, and ethnically diverse in our programs and services.
- Partner with other ministries, organizations and churches to provide an integrated, pro-active solution to our cities’ spiritual and moral climate.
- Constantly work toward the goal of Life Choices becoming an educational, training, and sending center into the local, state, and national pro-life communities
- Demonstrates a consistent walk with Christ in a personal and professional life.
- Strong advocate for pro-life issues and proven commitment to saving the unborn.
- Active commitment in a local church.
- Keeps abreast of concerns, trends, and developments in our communities, as well as national sanctity of human life issues.
- Performs other duties, reviews, and analyses as assigned by the Chair of the Board of Directors.
- Have a bachelor’s degree, preferable in a related field, or related experience equivalent.
- Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, writing, and effective media relations.
- Able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, encouragement, and direction for the staff members and volunteers.
- Able to develop and implement strategic plans for Life Choices.
To ensure proper administration and management of Life Choices while maintaining the highest standards of excellence by:
- Providing managerial support, direction, supervision, and training to the Center Directors, Medical Director, Education Director, Healing Choice Director, and other staff.
- Provide clear leadership and promote and foster a team culture consistent with the ministries values and biblical principles of dealing with people.
- Recruit, hire, and train skilled, spiritually mature staff to positions, and establish appropriate salaries and performance-based criteria for personal and professional development.
- Conduct written and oral evaluations of staff on a yearly basis.
- Insure that Life Choices policies and procedures are carried out, as well as, coordinate with appropriate staff member(s) new policies to be approved and implemented.
- Oversee and regularly evaluate and update Life Choices Policies & Procedures Manual, Medical Policy and Procedures Manual including the Employee Handbook.
- Attend all board meetings and present a monthly report
- Responsible for the fiscal resource management of Life Choices.
- Oversees preparation of the annual operating budget for distribution to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Assures that the Board of Directors is receiving timely and accurate financial reports.
- Oversee expenditures for budgeted expenses and purchases.
- Assures the Board of Directors’ manual and monthly reports are maintained and current.
In conjunction with the Board of Directors you will be in charge of overseeing all development programs to assure ministries financial health including but not limited to:
- Responsible for personal relational major donor development.
- Create and implement donor acquisition strategies.
- Oversee and maximize fund-raising events.
- Actively participate in fund-raising events.
- Oversight for responding to request for proposals from grants and foundations.
- Coordinate and develop church support programs.
- Manage gifts-in-kind.
- Coordinate on-going donor communications (quarterly newsletters, e-blasts).
1. Educate the local community, including churches, pastors, community groups, and the professional communities about Life Choices with the goal of obtaining support and involvement of the ministry.
2. Responsible for keeping Life Choices’ program available to all constituencies through various means including but not limited to: