Director of Operations
CBC of Savannah
Date Posted: 1/26/2018
Job Title: Director of Operations
Categories: Administrative, Executive, Management
Job Type: Full-Time (Monday to Thursday, Sunday)
Organization: Community Bible Church of Savannah
The Director of Operations reports to the elders of Community Bible Church of Savannah.
Community Bible Church of Savannah is seeking a Director of Operations to join a team of 20+ staff members which include pastors, department leaders and administrators and who will work closely with the elders and deacons. This person will work collaboratively
to support the mission and ministry of CBC and will be responsible for providing leadership to the team through management and oversight, Strategic Planning, facilities management and planning for new outreach and church growth.
Community Bible Church of Savannah is a vibrant, 1400 member church. The mission of Community Bible Church of Savannah is; “Community Bible Church exists to equip people to passionately follow Jesus Christ so that they love and impact their homes, their
communities, and the world.”
Community Bible Church of Savannah is a non-profit organization under IRS – 501(c)(3).
- Oversee day-to-day (M-Th) and Sunday morning operations.
- Maintain and facilitate an office environment which is based in the shared belief in the mission, ministry and values of CBC.
- Encourage, motivate, challenge and help staff develop their greatest potential in their respective positions.
- Hire and manage support staff.
- Facilitate annual trainings for staff, Elder board, Deacons and possibly other departments, as deemed necessary.
- Work in unity with Elders to develop and facilitate a long-term Strategic Plan for CBC for 1,3,5 and 10 years.
- Work in unity with Elders regarding church operations including casting and facilitating a vision for potential new church plants, missions outreach, programs and collaborations that will further the ministry and mission of CBC Savannah.
- Ensure adherence to 501(c)(3) laws and record-keeping, etc.
- Administrate church insurance policies; health, property, liability and workers’ comp.
- Administration and oversight of buildings, assets and grounds.
- Oversight of infrastructure improvements or renovations.
- Oversight of the financial operations of CBC including developing and maintaining the Operating budget and overseeing the bookkeeping staff.
- Oversight of IT and IT vendor relations.
- Develop and maintain organized systems, protocols and manuals; employee, facilities.
- Develop and maintain a complete and accurate inventory of all CBC assets.
- Coordinate equipment needed for staff and facilities.
- Maintain facility security and safety.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidate exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and models the biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Candidate will be an active member of the church, growing in community with the people they love and serve.
- Candidate models a biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Candidate supports and adheres to the mission, values, and philosophy of ministry of CBC of Savannah, including the CBC of Savannah
Statement of Faith.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or a related field. Experience working in a church or non-profit ministry is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in staff, program and facilities management with a proven track record of excellence.
- The ability to communicate effectively and kindly, both verbally and in writing, and give clear direction.
- A history of good servant leadership and the ability to work collaboratively with a great staff of pastors, elders and administrative employees. Must be able and willing to mentor and support staff members in order that each one succeeds in their respective
- Strong organizational skills, with a personal attention to detail.
- Excellent computer and word processing skills.
- A working knowledge and adherence to 501(c)3 compliance laws in regard to requirements and recording.
Total compensation package of $70,000 plus benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a letter of interest by mail to:
Community Bible Church of Savannah, 1206 E. 68th Street, Savannah, GA 31404 - Attn: Search Committee or email: SEARCH COMMITTEE to email@example.com.
In lieu of phone calls or personal visits, please email all questions to the above.
Applications will be accepted until February 26, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST.