THE MISSION OF CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY CHURCH:
In everything, we will glorify God and build relationships connecting people with the person and work of Jesus Christ.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To glorify God by leading the congregation through Gospel-centered singing, praising and worshipping our Savior. A faithful Worship Director sees himself not as the centerpiece of the worship experience, but as an example of giving oneself over in reverence
to God and ushering those around him to join in the celebration.
The Worship Director reports to, works with and is accountable to the Lead Pastor. The Worship Director is responsible to lead the congregation in worship. The Worship Director is responsible for training and shepherding worship team members and overseeing the
worship portion of services. Additionally, this position is responsible for the overall production of all worship services and aesthetics of the church.
1. Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
2. Ability to lead from the stage on a performing instrument with excellence.
3. A learner, someone who is always looking for new ideas and strategies to improve our worship ministry.
4. A strong gift for leadership and ability to develop/coach others.
5. Ability to develop teams, delegate and empower others on the mission.
6. Ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church.
7. Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
8. A love for the heritage of our hymns with a desire to make them feel relevant and modern today with a blend of current worship songs.
9. A passion to learn and develop Cornerstone’s unique, inter-generational worship style and promote participation in worship.
10. Courage to take risks and push the boundaries, but also a willingness and humility to embrace the unique worship style of Cornerstone.
11. Preferred to have ability to read orchestration and/or choral music.
Worship Director experience in a medium size church; production experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In corroboration with the Lead Pastor, select songs and arrangements for worship services that convey the gospel message. We currently have one service on Sunday morning, but would like to see additional services added.
- Promote an inter-generational worship atmosphere through music selection, a unique mix of hymns and current worship songs.
- Oversee all areas of production; including audio, lighting, presentation slides, service management, equipment maintenance and online presentation.
- Empower and encourage instrumentalists, vocalists and production team members.
- Provide the music and song sheets each week in the online Planning Center.
- Shepherd staff and volunteers serving with bands and production teams.
- Coordinate song lyrics with the production team.
Additional duties and responsibilities
- The Worship Director will also be responsible for another area of ministry, which could take 25–35% of their time. The second area of ministry will be determined by the gifts, abilities and passion of the person hired.
- Work alongside the Lead Pastor in the long term planning of sermon series.
- Attend regular meetings with leadership teams.
- Lead worship for special services.
- Will lead and/or oversee the choir.
- Willingness to coach youth worship teams.
This is a full time position. Competitive salary and benefit specifics will be provided in the interview process. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Submit your resume through churchstaffing.com. Please provide a link to a sample of you leading worship. Provide a recent photo of yourself.