We are searching for a Children’s Ministries Director to minister to the children and congregation at Bethany Church and to work alongside our lead pastor to advance the gospel in our community. Our church is located just 20 minutes south of Portland in
Canby, Oregon. We are a growing fellowship of believers who want to see Christ exalted and the gospel proclaimed in our community. We believe our children are an important part of our church body and want to see them grow in their love and knowledge of our
Our new Children’s Director will be a spiritual and organizational leader who, along with the Lead Pastor, develops an overall direction and philosophy for Children’s Ministry that reflects the vision, doctrine and Gospel-centered ministry philosophy of
Bethany Church and the stated mission of Bethany Church: Helping People Follow Jesus.
This is a part-time position with flexible working hours of 16-20 hours per week. Salary of $16,000- $20,000 per year dependent on weekly hour commitment and experience.
- A growing relationship and dependence on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A passion for children and their spiritual growth.
- A love for people and the desire to see people grow to their full potential.
- Desire, ability and experience in working with children of all ages and their families.
- Ability to administrate and oversee a multi-dimensional ministry program that requires calendar planning, recruiting and training teams of volunteers, and juggling multiple projects at one time.
- A willingness to learn from and work together with others in a multi-staff team environment.
- A commitment to the doctrine and overall direction of Bethany Church
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work to maintain open and honest communication with all staff through attendance at regularly scheduled Tuesday staff meetings and special meetings as necessary.
- Meet weekly with Lead Pastor for ministry development and communication.
- Participate in other all-church events and other ministry events and functions as necessary.
- Organize and oversee our Sunday Morning Children’s Program by working with our Nursery Director to ensure a safe, clean, and nurturing environment for our littlest ones.
- Support our Sunday School teachers and aides through training and encouragement as they teach through our Gospel-Centered Curriculum
- Select, evaluate and maintain Gospel-centered curriculum, in line with Bethany Church doctrine and direction for all ages and classes.
- Work with Ministry Staff Team to develop a growing spirit and commitment to “Integrated multi-generational Family Worship” here at Bethany.
- Lead, administrate, develop, and promote an array of Children’s Ministry Special Events (VBS, Parenting Simulcast Conference, etc)
- Additional Administrative and Financial duties as outlined by the Lead Pastor