The role of Worship Minister/Pastor at King’s Harbor Church is responsible for cultivating a dynamic, responsive context for the body to experience the fullness of the Gospel through worship and create alignment across various demographic specific ministries.
This role will also help utilize important systems such as technology and production to support and enhance the worship environments. While the most public function of this position will be musical, this role is deeply theological and pastoral and will help
to create healthy biblical understanding and proclamation of the Gospel through song. This is a full-time position with daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Develop, communicate and implement the strategic ministry plan for the worship and production ministry in alignment with the mission of King’s Harbor Church.
- Provide oversight of worship and production ministry staff and lay leadership team including recruitment, development, encouragement, discipleship and care.
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor to lead all worship gatherings (e.g. weekend services, Worship and Prayer with the Elders, Night of Worship, etc).
- Collaborate with Technical Director to utilize the available production tools to build a creative, consistent atmosphere conducive to robust, dynamic worship.
- Build a cohort of multigenerational, diverse worship leaders to minister under the oversight of the Worship Minister/Pastor in demographic specific worship gatherings (e.g. Children’s Ministry services, Student Ministry services).
- Manage worship ministry and production budget, including approval of worship and production expenditures.
- Participate in the shepherding responsibilities of King’s Harbor Church as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Live a lifestyle consistent with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Agree with the King’s Harbor Church Statement of Faith.
- Deep knowledge of and continued education in biblical theology.
- Demonstrate the ability to exhibit strong vocal skills and adequate knowledge of instrumental musicianship.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize various musical genres and styles of worship music.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal, etc).
- Think strategically and empower direct reports to implement strategic plan.
- Proficient in administrative systems (e.g. Planning Center systems, Egnyte, etc.).
- Ability to resolve conflict through means of Biblical wisdom and counsel.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other departments and staff members.