RedArrow Ministries opened November 30, 2008, and God has blessed us as we continue to serve him in Van Buren County, MI. We currently have about 10 middle school youth and 15-20 high school youth attending our programming. However, we have over 50 youth
that attend our church. We are located next door to our local high school, and we have a great relationship with the staff and administration at both the local high school and middle school. THERE IS HUGE POTENTIAL! We just need God to bring the right person.
Salary Position: $36,000-40,000 annually plus benefits *We are hoping to start interviews soon. Please submit applications before February 9 at 5:00.
- To lead youth programming for Middle School and High School age youth.
- To develop relationships with youth that do not YET know Jesus.
- To deepen RedArrow youth’s relationships with God, each other and the congregation.
- To encourage congregation to invest in the lives of youth.
Qualification of Director/Pastor of Youth Ministries:
- Striving to live a Godly life-living beyond reproach within personal life and ministry.
- Must be a good steward with your time, talents and treasures.
- Committed to completing the Road Course: RedArrow’s Membership program.
- Must have a passion for youth and understands the needs of youth and capable of creating a physically, emotionally and spiritually safe ministry
- Must be an active member in a church and must be in good standing with church’s pastor and leadership. Please provide a letter of endorsement from church leadership including a description of church involvement.
- Be teachable
- Build relationships with Eastern VanBuren County. (Schools, clubs, organizations, other churches & ministries)
- Lead weekly youth programming using the RedArrow Ministries paradigm for ministry.
- Contact Work with youth. Attend extracurricular activities to build relationships with RedArrow youth. (Athletics, Band/Choir, Drama, Clubs, etc at all schools attended)
- Attend RedArrow Ministries worship services, 8:45, 10 & 11:30.
- Serve on the Ministry Team Leaders board, and meet the expectations of Ministry Team Leader.
- Be committed to creating and filling Roles within RedArrow Ministries.
- At all times have a “ONE” (person who does not YET know Jesus) that they are investing in.
- Discernment: Pray for RedArrow Ministries and speak up about what God has put on your heart.
- Recruitment and training of adult volunteers. ( 1. All RedArrow Youth events must have no less than 2 adult supervisors. Adults must not be directly related. 2.Train volunteers to have appropriate relationships with students with physical, emotional
and spiritual boundaries. 3. Develop relationships within RedArrow Ministries in order to tap shoulders for new volunteers.
- Participating/Coordinating a Serve Trip each year
- Coordinating/Leading a youth retreat each year
Working Conditions: The position of Director/Pastor of Youth Ministry needs a mission-minded person, someone that cares deeply for youth and wants to make a difference in many lives. This position requires great flexibility in hours available
to work, including evenings and weekends. This is a salary position, and the actual numbers of hours required during any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibility of the position (no less than 40 hours per week). Furthermore, it is recognized
that the schedule may vary at different times of the year (holidays, summer vacation, etc).
Application process: If you feel this position may be a good fit for you, please email Maria Bowater your cover letter, resume, and date of availability. (firstname.lastname@example.org)