The purpose of SIM Angola is to make disciples where Christ is least known. The Administrator & Projects Coordinator provides vital financial and coordinating services to specific ministries helping them to thrive and grow.
- manage financial transactions and reporting in accordance with SIM Angola Administration Manual for missionaries, administration, and projects
- manage funds, including transfers from SIM Intl, local banking, currency exchange, cash, and transactions with other SIM countries
- assist Personnel Coordinator with Lubango aspects of visa process
- assist CEML’s visitor coordinator and other partners [Centro Evangelico de Medicina Do Lubango Hospital (ISTEL), Uniao Igrejas Evangelicas de Angola (SIM related church) (UIEA), etc.)] with planning for visitors and new missionaries coming with SIM
- advise and assist Director on financial, business, and administrative issues
As Project Coordinator:
- assist members in writing, getting approvals for, and submitting new projects to SIM International
-approve project disbursements per budget
- ensure project reports are filed
Other Ministry Possibilities: Support of the local church; encouragement to missionaries; related administrative tasks at Centro Evangelico de Medicina Do Lubango Hospital (CEML) and Lubango Theological
Seminary (ISTEL) seminary.
Required training: - Must be comfortable with a Windows PC including skills in Word and Excel. - Must have experience in bookkeeping and general administration.
Recommended Experience: An accounting designation or business degree is not required but would be an asset.
Personality Issues/ Cultural Considerations: Must be creative in solving problems. Should be patient yet maintain progress in a non-task-oriented culture. Must have good focus on details. Must be able to deal graciously with others
who may not have the same priorities or administrative excellence.
Language Requirements: English required and a willingness to learn Portuguese.
Compensation: SIM personnel are volunteers and rely on God’s provision for their living and ministry needs. Support requirements are based on length and location of service, family size, and ages of children. Support raising training
is provided through SIM.
*There are needs for this type of position in many locations.
Learn More: For more information about this opportunity please contact email@example.com or visit http://simusa.org/getstarted