We are looking to hire a campus pastor for our upcoming 5th campus! Please send resumes to Danielle@cpchurch.com
CenterPoint is a thriving church (1500 on a Sunday) that has grown consistently over each of our 16 years. We find that being missional and attractional aren’t mutually exclusive and both are beneficial for reaching the lost. We are theologically conservative,
yet culturally progressive. As a church body we are ethnically, theologically and socially diverse.
We are looking for a self-starter to join our team and pastor our 5th campus. The campus pastor will work under the leadership of the Lead Pastor, and provide overall leadership for our campus. The campus will predominately have live teaching with the
campus pastor teaching roughly 2 times a month. We also broadcast a live video feed from the Massapequa campus every 3 weeks.
Top 3 priorities of a campus pastor:
1) To ensure the values and DNA of CenterPoint at the campus
2) To care for and disciple the campus body
3) To create a missional presence in the local community
All pastors at CenterPoint are expected to:
- Create a sense of community and fellowship for the campus
- Leadership of all aspects of the weekend service
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee Campus budget
- Maintain CenterPoint’s level of quality
- Leadership & development of all volunteer & paid staff.
- Gets involved with the local community and finds ways for the church to have a missional presence in the community.
- Pastoral care of local campus
- Help guests move from their first visit to membership
- Encourage members to participate in the 5 commitments of membership: Seek, Connect, Serve, Reach, Give
- Have an active and growing relationship with Jesus
- Counsel and shepherd the church body
- Work as part of a team/build up all ministries at CP
- Perform weddings and funerals
- Preach as needed
- Be quick-paced
- Have a servant attitude
- Be skilled in administration and organization
- Have a welcoming and inviting presence
- Practice hospitality with people in the community as well as with people within the church
- MUST have lived in and understand the context of the Tristate area (NY/NJ/CT)
- A bachelors degree from a College or University in Theology is preferred
- 5+ years of full-time experience at a church of 250 (Sunday attendance) or more.
- Please send us a link to a video of you teaching (not just audio)