Hired by and reporting to the Amazima Uganda Country Director, the Advancement Coordinator is responsible to develop relationships and partnerships with like-minded individuals and organizations in order to sustain and promote the mission of The Amazima
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outgoing, relational, personal, strategic, passionate, adventurous, and mission-minded individual committed to The Amazima School mission and vision and living a life worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Builds genuine relationships with like-minded individuals and organizations with the purpose of developing partnerships for The Amazima School.
- Strategizes to find and connect with key individuals and organizations
- Excels at building bridges to people, churches, primary and secondary schools, sending organizations, and colleges
- Work closely with stateside Marketing to develop brochures and collateral to support relationship building and recruiting efforts
- Create and execute program for significant partnerships to stay connected to The Amazima School
- Follows up consistently
- Exhibits strong communication skills
- Able to travel as needed to meet with organizations and to represent The Amazima School at events.
Human Resource Pipeline Building
- Develop a comprehensive and strategic plan to create recruiting pipelines for Western Amazima School staff members
- Through relationship-building strategies, initiates the recruiting process for Western staff members for The Amazima School
- Develops excellent communication strategy to connect prospective staff members to appropriate Amazima Directors.
- Communicates regularly with the Uganda Country Director and Dean of Student Life. Write weekly reports detailing activities.
- Conducts team-building activities for new Amazima staff members.
- Organizes stateside training for new Amazima staff members
- Identify individuals (in the course of building partnerships) who would volunteer to play assigned roles in recruiting and awareness campaigns
- Collect and evaluate interest forms for TAS
- Coordinate and host initial call with approved candidates
- Must be a committed Christian who is in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Amazima School.
- Comfortable presenting the story and vision of Amazima and The Amazima School
- Passionate and Winsome
- Willing to work from home.
- Professional and personal references must demonstrate observed manifestation of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Must be committed to the mission of The Amazima School
- Will have a thorough understanding of support for the classical, Christian, and community approach to education adopted by The Amazima School.