Christian Family Chapel ("CFC") is a non-denominational Bible church located in Jacksonville, FL, with a average weekend worship attendance of 1,100.
The Associate Pastor (“AP”) will have oversight of CFC’s adult education ministries and global missions program. The AP will also have regular teaching opportunities in the worship services in the absence of the Pastor-Teacher and in other adult ministry
settings. Applicants should have strong teaching and leadership gifts
- Must have received Jesus Christ as his personal savior and have demonstrated a practical submission to His Lordship in his life.
- Must be (or become) a member of Christian Family Chapel in good standing and agree and support the CFC Statement of Doctrine without reservation.
- Must be a married man.
- Must have a four-year degree from an accredited college. Bible/theology degree preferred.
- Must be progressing toward or already meet the character qualifications of an Elder as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Must have had at least two years of pastoral experience in the local church.
- Must have adequately demonstrated skills in leading ministry teams, and expository teaching and preaching.
- Must have a heart for lost people.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Develop, oversee and implement the scope and sequence of all adult equipping classes with the aim of growing full devoted spirit empowered Christ followers equipped to the ministry of the church. This shall include the selection of curriculum, the selection
of and training of adult teachers and the selection of the delivery systems and methods for such instruction.
- Oversee and continue to grow/develop all Prayer Ministries.
- Assist the Pastor-Teacher in the ministry of teaching and preaching, both in the pulpit and other adult ministry situations, under the supervision and discretion of the Pastor-Teacher.
- Evaluate, develop and expand CFC’s missions’ ministry.
- Pursue and complete certification by the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors within 3 years of start date.
- Strive to maximize the use of Church Community Builder software system among volunteers and participants in his responsible area(s) of ministry.
- Prepare an annual budget, for responsible area(s) of ministry, to be recommended to the Elders.
- Periodically as determined by the Pastor-Teacher prepare ministry and personal goals and objectives.
- Supply items, on a timely basis, for use in the weekly bulletin.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend all CFC all-church services, functions, and special events.
- Attend staff retreats, Elder/Staff Dinners, Core Leaders Meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Elders.
Those interested in applying for the position should send a resume', cover letter and links to videos of their teaching to Tony Anderson, Executive Pastor, at TonyA@cfcjax.com. Those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to volumne of resumes
we will not be able to contact all applicants