We are looking for somebody who has a huge heart for youth that is willing to be creative and dedicated to reaching students that normally wouldn't attend church. A person that is willing to meet students where they are at whether that be at school lunches,
football games or other after school activities. Murfreesboro has 5 major highschools and several private schools with over 10,000 students.
- Leads high school students into a deeper relationship with Christ (following the model of Matt. 28:19-baptizing, making disciples, and teaching)
- Creates a path following the Vision Statement of The Experience Community that allows students to move from worship, community, and into community service/leadership
- Authentic Worship- planning lessons, over-seeing worship teams, & creating a worship environment for Wednesday night gathering.
- Authentic Community- building relationships with students outside of church through being proactive and available, taking them on outings, retreats and trips, and seeking them out during Sunday services.
- Authentic Community Service- planning opportunities for students to serve Christ outside of church through service projects, missions, etc.
- Maintains, oversees, and supervises the cleaning, maintenance, and up-keep of the student ministry facility
- Oversees all forms of communications for Student Ministry (social media, e-mail, phone-calls, etc.)
- Builds and maintains rapport and trust with parents of students within the church via communication and relationships.
- Over-sees, leads, and communicates with youth ministry team volunteers
- Updates and maintains database, records, and files (includes background checks for volunteers/workers, contact information for students, release forms for outings/trips)
- Prepares and organizes materials for weekly student ministry environments
- Prepares procedural documents (showing the processes involving getting new volunteers involved, taking overnight trips, etc.)
- Plans and coordinates events, outreaches, retreats and gatherings
- Invests relationally in students and their families, to include time outside of scheduled church events (eats lunch with students at local high schools)
- Seeks opportunities to evangelize area students by being proactive in the local community and school system
- Contributes and is a "team player" to the church's vision with other members of the ECC staff and volunteers (is willing to put aside personal preferences/agendas for the sake of the larger vision of the church)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Family Pastor