Hiring Teachers for an American-style University Overseas for SPRING 2018
No teaching experience required...
Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas? Would you like to join a large Christian community overseas?
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees who love travel, are flexible and enjoy mentorship. We are looking for people who desire to travel and have a heart to mentor
Apply by February 1st
Department: Computer Science
Position Available: Full-time, ten-month, temporary with possibility of renewal
Rank: Instructor or Assistant Professor
Appointment Date: Spring Academic Semester, 2018
Responsibilities include teaching lower and upper division undergraduate computer science courses (15 credit hours per semester). Each 3-credit hour class has 4 contact hours. Teaching load will include delivering courses within the Computer Science degree
program delivered at SIU in China as well as sections of FH on-line courses.
Courses will be delivered to FH students on-site at SIU in China. This position will require relocation to China. All instruction is conducted in English, so familiarity with the Chinese language is
SIU is located in the Henan Province. This university offers a residential campus environment to over 20,000 Chinese students while partnering with FH to offer degree programs to select colleges within the university.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field from an accredited institution is required. Candidates must meet minimum standards for academic qualification consistent with HLC accreditation.
Successful candidates must be eligible to legally work in the United States, and also apply for and receive a Z visa, residence permit, and work permit in China. Candidates must meet employment regulations to work legally in China with a Chinese work visa,
including age restrictions and various health and education authentication requirements. FH will outline these processes, as well as assist in acquiring and paying for these documents.
Ph.D. (or other terminal degree) or ABD from an accredited institution in computer science or a closely related field is preferred.
Individuals with teaching experience in the field of computer science are strongly preferred. Experience in teaching/developing coursework for diverse, cross-cultural, or ESL/EFL students is desirable. Familiarity with Chinese culture is preferred but not
required (all courses are taught in English).
Salary for this position will be competitive and commensurate with experience, qualifications, and rank. The salary range is contingent on funding and administrative approval.
Benefits Provided by Fort Hays State University:
• Transportation to China to begin the academic year.
• A $2200 stipend for return travel on the faculty member’s own schedule at the end of the academic year.
• Health, retirement, and associated benefits package.
• Administrative and cost assistance in attaining work permits.
Additional Benefits Provided by Sias International University:
• Free housing in the faculty apartment complex located on the Sias campus. Stipend for utilities. Baths include Western-style toilets. Spouses and children are permitted to live with FH faculty members stationed at Sias.
• Meals are provided in the faculty dining hall and include both Western and Chinese selections. Food service is available three meals a day, seven days a week during the academic semesters.
• Holidays as stipulated by laws of China, as well as some typical Western holidays.
• Gym, indoor pool, spa, and other similar fitness facilities available for a small membership fee.
• Sias-sponsored cultural and historic experiences in China.
• Exposure to a diverse international community of faculty, students, and visitors.
• These benefits are subject to change by Sias, but have been in place for many years.
Application and Credentials:
To apply, please provide the following documents in one consolidated PDF file:
- Current vitae/resume including at least three professional references.
- Cover letter specifying how candidate’s credentials match with position description.
- Statement of teaching philosophy including range of coding and software language skills, capacity to teach complex computer science material, and approach to successfully teach in a foreign setting to non-native English-speaking students.
Application Process: Email to email@example.com
Intro Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1m9BOoc8
School Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRbvVgcAeA&feature=youtu.be
Follow: (see faculty stories via video and images)
We will interview til positions filled. Early applicants will have more opportunities presented to them.
Any questions? Visit our FAQ ( www.academicsinasia.com/FAQ/) and PLEASE introduce yourself to us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Aaron at 209-877-7427
Want more info? Email me. Or, upload your resume here: www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/