Heritage Church is a multi-site and multi-generational church in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. We are passionate about helping people find and follow God in a way that is authentic and relevant to our culture today. We create environments, ministries,
and programming with un-churched people in mind. We want to manage the tension of helping people feel at home in their search for Christ and be a place where believers are thriving in their faith. To do this we are intentional about creating engaging environments
for an authentic biblical community that mobilizes people to live on mission.
It's more than a job. It's a calling.
When you ask us what we do at Heritage Church, you won’t just get a job description — you’ll hear a story. We are passionate about using our talents for God’s purposes and that’s why we’ve dedicated our careers to a ministry, not a job title. We are seeking
a person to join our Central Staff team to lead our Worship & Production ministry. The Worship Arts Pastor will play a vital role in helping us accomplish our mission. Alongside our Creative Arts Pastor, they will give leadership to our Weekend Services,
Production Teams, and Music. They will speak into the culture and ongoing development of excellence across all of our campuses. They will relentlessly identify, develop, and empower vocalists, musicians, and production teams to cultivate a life-giving, passionate,
skillful culture of music and worship arts. They will plan and implement music for all weekend gatherings and events. They will also oversee the structures and systems of the Worship & Production Teams.
*Please include a picture and worship video to get a better sense of your skills and style. Submissions without a video reel will not be considered.
ESSENTIALS FOR THIS ROLE
- Develop vocalists and instrumentalists for all worship venues.
- Strong vocal and musical experience.
- An excellent communicator both orally and written.
- Give leadership and guidance to all of our campus Worship Directors to ensure alignment of mission, vision & culture church-wide.
- A multi-tasking team player with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- Recruit, Develop, Shepherd and Schedule worship and production volunteers.?
- Oversight of Audio, Video Production, & Lighting Design along with Production Assistant.
- Willing to give up skinny jeans and scarves even before the trend dies.
- Develop creative weekend services in concert with the Creative Arts team & Sr. Pastor.
- Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the church advance our mission to help people find and follow God by partnering with Creative Arts to oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, creative
service elements and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and AVL crew as needed.
- Participate in most worship services, but allowing others to lead as needed to develop other leaders.
- Provide effective training and leadership for our congregation to become a dynamic worshipping community?.
- Plan and implement seasonal worship events (i.e. Christmas and Easter).
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate Worship & Production Excellence in services and ministry events.
- Oversee the Music & Production ministry budget, organization, and volunteers.
SKILL SETS AND EXPERIENCE EXPECTED
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Asana (or Project Management Tools)
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn CCB
- Mastery in Planning Center Online, Abelton, Logic, Final Cut, ProPresenter, Jands Vista
- Other Media skills (Video, Graphics, etc...) is a plus!
- Skilled musician and competent in AVL software and execution
If you are wanting to have a significant voice in building a growing church, shaping the culture and direction, as well as, developing leaders to mobilize more leaders...then we look forward to hearing from you! Feel free to visit our website at www.heritagechurch.cc
to learn more about our church and get a better feel for the kind of church we are building together across the Chicago suburbs.