New Hope Presbyterian Church
Director of Children & Family Ministries
New Hope Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time (32 hours/week) Director of Children & Family Ministries. This person will lead a team of part-time staff as well as volunteers to promote and nurture the faith formation in our children (Birth- 6th Grade)
Duties: The Director of Children & Family Ministries will lead the way in creating and sustaining a place where…
- Children experience the love of God
- Learning environment is safe, inviting and effective
- Parents are nurtured and equipped for the task of parenting in a household of faith
- Volunteers are recruited, trained and celebrated
- The congregation is informed and engaged in our common ministry with children and families.
- People collaborate and work as partners in the ministry of the whole church.
- The community recognizes our ministry with children and families.
Responsibilities: In the administration of the above duties, the Director of Children & Family Ministries can expect to…
- Administer and supervise core programs and events (Sunday School, VBS, etc.)
- Evaluate, determine and augment curriculum and resources as necessary.
- Lead the Discovery Time in worship.
- Recruit, train and lead team of part-time staff and volunteers in our ministries with children and families
- Create and administer necessary budgets, supplies and resources
- Communicate the work of the children and family ministries throughout the congregation and community
- Create and lead ways to involve our community in the ministries of New Hope
- Participate in Staff Meetings and work collegially for the health of the entire congregation.
- Develop and supervise work of part-time staff: Sunday School Assistant and Nursery Coordinator
Qualifications: The person we are looking to hire for this position will…
- Have a vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus Christ and can communicate that faith effectively to others.
- Exhibit an enthusiasm for ministry with children and families, and the role the congregation can play in the development of both.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, Theology or other ministry-related field.
- Have five or more years (preferred) of experience in leadership role in Children and/or Family Ministries
- Be knowledgeable and supportive with reformed theology and the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Exhibit strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Communicate effectively with individuals as well as with large groups of all ages.
- Work well with teams.
- Demonstrate familiarity with social media platforms to enhance ministry.
- Thrive in the ever-changing needs and environment of a growing and vibrant congregation.
Compensation: In the first year of employment, the Director of Children and Family Ministries will receive…
- $35,000 annual salary
- 2 weeks vacation
- 1 week of continuing education and enrichment