The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant is responsible for providing therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards
under the direction of an occupational therapist. This position will be accountable for and contribute to program development, quality improvement, problem-solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Provide patient treatments, which meet patient needs and use current treatment knowledge in accordance with CRISTA policy and procedures and HIPAA by:
- Providing comprehensive, appropriate patient treatment in accordance with patient’s individual treatment plan as stipulated by supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Providing clear instruction to patients and families.
- Communicating with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.Instructing patients’ families or nursing staff in specified follow through programs.
- Demonstrating knowledge of appropriate resources for problem-solving and clinical protocols.
- Write accurate, complete, and clear documentation, such as daily and progress notes, in accordance with regulatory, licensing, payer, and accrediting requirements.
Use an interdisciplinary approach to patient care by:
- Preparing for and providing meaningful contributions to the rehab team and patient care conferences, and utilizing review meetings, family conferences and caregiver training sessions.
- Collaborating with and informing facility staff in areas of patient progress.
- Educating members of the team in areas of expertise.
- Working with the facility to teach documentation practices, which assist the therapy team.
- Communicating effectively with discharge planners as well as family members regarding current status, plan of care and potential discharge plans.
- Utilize continuing education assistance to achieve targeted quality improvements and maintain current license.
- Interact with peers at local acute hospitals and other environments, if appropriate.
- Present at weekly rehab team conferences, facility inservices, and professional conferences.
- Maintain state-of-the-art body of knowledge in areas of clinical expertise through seminars, professional journals, and peers.
- Identify and correct safety hazards or notify the facility or the Rehab Coordinator so that safety hazard will be immediately remedied.
- Participate in facility quality improvement activities and survey preparedness.
- Maintain work areas in safe and orderly fashion.
- Maintain equipment in safe working order.
- Use proper body mechanics during treatments of patients and during support activities.
- Use universal safety precautions.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Contribute to facility relations and marketing activities by attending and participating in community educational/promotional activities as requested. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and patients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To view the full job description & submit an application please visit our official posting: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oUio6fwq&s=Christian_Jobs