The Bethel World Outreach Church Video Producer is responsible for creating and managing high quality content and inspiring videos. In this dynamic position, you can expect to be working on several projects at once, work under strict deadlines
and be an active part of a creative team. You will need the ability to effectively develop and pitch ideas, offer creative solutions to problems and think of innovative ways to reach a desired audience. A key strength needs to be the ability to develop and
manage others, as the Video Producer will lead teams of volunteers to perform these functions. You are responsible for video projects from concept to completion.
- Plans, directs, shoots and produces weekly video content for weekend services, ministries and special events.
- Leads the charge for capturing and sharing stories of life change happening in and
through our church.
- Produces occasional videos that highlight the story, mission, and purpose of Bethel, and communicate the value of the ministry to its members, the community, and the world.
- Produces content for TV Program (Greets, wraps, CTA’s, commercial)
- Joins regular brainstorm and planning sessions to craft creative and engaging worship
services and events.
- Encodes audio and video and update online media center, and social media platforms, and predetermined websites weekly/monthly.
- Recruit, train, and mentor video team volunteers.
- Captures footage of church-wide events, outreach, etc., and maintain well-organized video archive.
- Stays abreast of current and emerging trends in video production and story-telling.
- Assess current and future technology needs and create acquisition strategies.
- Champion the culture of Bethel World Outreach Church with team members and others
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Media Director.
- Experience in video directing, shooting, producing, and editing.
- Self-motivated, strong creative drive with attention to details.
- Should be able to multi-task and deal with pressures of multiple strict deadlines and last-minute direction changes.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a creative team.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Bethel World Outreach Ministries.
- Exhibits a strong personal relationship to Jesus Christ evidenced in personal relationships, commitment to the church, personal work ethic, and a heart for people
- A heart for the Church and a passion to use media to reach others.
- Storyteller at heart with a desire to capture stories through video.
- A good steward of time, and the resources of the church.
- Ability to manage priorities, work independently and work well with a team. The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects is essential.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition. Skills on additional platforms are a plus.
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of video editing, including importing content, working with a variety of compression formats, basic audio mixing and DVD authoring.
- Must be willing to work on a variety of projects for a variety of clients that vary in length, including quick turnaround projects (few hours) to projects that take several months to complete and to prioritize them well.
- Interest in learning new technology.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude, be self-motivated and driven to fix problems without being told
- Flexible schedule with some weekend and evening hours to be expected.
- Must be able to develop, plan and storyboard video shoots including scheduling the talent.
- This person must operate in an environment that does not require day-to-day micro-managing.
- Degree in film or media related field; or at least 2-4 years’ experience in video production.
- Experience and training in studio and field production including lighting, audio and camera work.
- Experience and training in post-production work including non-linear editing, compositing, and motion graphic design.
- Advanced knowledge of video switching systems, DSLR, ENG and Cinematic cameras.
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end (concept to production to final edit).
- Organized and able to effectively manage time and multiple projects.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in video
production, graphic design and storytelling.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, and communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast paced environment.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, and understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- This position will also oversee, disciple and direct 1-3 interns
- High preference will be given to those that also excel in script writing
- High preference will be given to those that also excel in photography
- Able to tell compelling stories using video.
- Coaching and people management.
- Problem-solving and decision making.
- Contribute to and lead a team.
- Strategy development and implementation.
- Is a learner: Always improving and finding better ways to effectively use the latest tech tools.
- Can be pranked without getting upset.
- Manages time and resources well.
Full-time: Sunday; Tuesday -Friday
(Occasional weekends when needed)
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the position. Department leader may assign other job-related duties to meet
the on-going needs of the ministry.
Please answer the following questions and submit with your resume in addition to your video reel to
- Why do you create?
- What is your approach to video production?
- Describe your view on the usage of Creative Arts in the church.
- In what unique way(s) does the medium of video help communicate the Gospel message?